• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

SA Festival of Motoring

eg2505

Honorary Master
Guys, I've got a free ticket to anybody coming on the Friday...

Posted in the pay it toward thread as well.

Pm me....

UrBaN963

Executive Member

Currently standing in line to go around the track in an AMG. Girlfriend has never done anything like that...think I’ll keep the camera handy.

TehStranger

Executive Member
Got some free tickets for today, went with a few mates.

Overall disappointing experience, not enough to see or do to justify the day out.

UrBaN963

Executive Member
[video=youtube_share;7jd7zsjgPdc]https://youtu.be/7jd7zsjgPdc[/video]

Going around the track in an E63 AMG S Coupe with a driving instructor. The video doesn't give a good representation of speed, but this car is very quick and handles well, some serious G-Forces through the corners.

I went with the Paul Greengrass "Shaky Cam" effect. (Also, I was holding my phone in one hand, because corners).

Last edited:

ahoudet

Expert Member
I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Went around as a passenger in a few cars and drove the new Clio RS Trophy around the track... also did the little course in the Up!

Definitely worth the entry fee. Didn't have time to go to the off-road section unfortunately. Was there from 11:00 to about 6:30

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I went with the Paul Greengrass "Shaky Cam" effect. (Also, I was holding my phone in one hand, because corners).
Yeah you don't realise how hard it is to hold a phone until you get into the passenger seat of a sporty car around a track.

UrBaN963

Executive Member
Yeah you don't realise how hard it is to hold a phone until you get into the passenger seat of a sporty car around a track.
Yea man, I did my best but that car pulls some Gs through the corners. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to film well.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Unlucky! Huge Lamborghini Huracan crash at Kyalami

Footage has emerged of Lamborghini Huracan crashing at Kyalami race track in Gauteng.

Reports indicate the driver was unhurt in the crash on September 3

SA Festival of Motoring said: "The unfortunate incident with the Lamborghini occurred during a closed track session for the privately owned supercars. Fortunately, nobody was injured in the crash, and at no time was any member of the general public in danger. We have strict safety guidelines for all on-track activities for this very reason and do our utmost to ensure that all of our guests are safe at all times."

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Motorsport/unlucky-huge-lamborghini-huracan-crash-at-kyalami-20170905