SA gets new $1bn loan from BRICS bank to support economic recovery

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Compared to the others who view themselves as gods.

Truly remarkable.
There were others before him, who were murdered by those who sought to benefit from those lands. I don't know what you're on about.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Yes and jail is the official punishment for the corrupt in SA, that's why all corrupt people are jailed in SA, angithi mnganam?
I see corrupt people driving around big chief style with zero fear. Jails does not bother them as they know it will not happen. If it happens they are out in a couple of months and continue.

Billions have been stolen (and is still being stolen) and basically zero has been prosecuted.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Yes and jail is the official punishment for the corrupt in SA, that's why all corrupt people are jailed in SA, angithi mnganam?
IS jail REALLY the official punishment for corrupt ANC in SA mr Gullable? So please tell me why Zuma was not jailed since 2003? BECAUSE PROTECTING THE CURRUPT IS THE OFFICIAL POLICY DUMBASS

TheChamp

Honorary Master
IS jail REALLY the official punishment for corrupt ANC in SA mr Gullable? So please tell me why Zuma was not jailed since 2003? BECAUSE PROTECTING THE CURRUPT IS THE OFFICIAL POLICY DUMBASS
Now in the same spirit of you asking ForceFate to state where he got his information from would you kindly show me the official policy that says corrupt official should be protected.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
Now in the same spirit of you asking ForceFate to state where he got his information from would you kindly show me the official policy that says corrupt official should be protected.
You are too naive I can not debate with you.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
China is your new Rooi Gevaar.

Lol.

Educate yourself on the realities of what China is doing.

Brahma Chellaney, in a 2017 article for Project Syndicate, explains that Chinese loans are collateralised by strategically important natural assets with high long-term value (even if they lack short-term commercial viability). The port of Hambantota, for example, straddles Indian Ocean trade routes linking Europe, Africa, and the Middle East to Asia.

Typically, Chinese loans assume the form of ‘cash for resources’. In return for financing and building the infrastructure that poorer countries need, China demands favourable access to their natural assets, from mineral resources to ports. The recipient nations usually suffer from low credit ratings and have difficulty obtaining funding from the international financial market.

China, however, makes financing relatively easily available – albeit with certain conditions and less ‘paperwork’ than conventional sources. China’s ‘tied aid’ for infrastructure usually benefits Chinese companies, while its loans are in many cases backed by natural resources. Through this method China achieves the twin goals of economic penetration and strategic leverage.

These developments set off alarm bells in East Africa, where speculation is rife that Djibouti and Kenya, both highly indebted to China, could lose their ports in a similar fashion. In January 2019, Uganda’s auditor general warned of the country’s ballooning debt and the risk that conditions placed on its loans were a threat to its sovereign assets. The following month, the Kenyan parliament opened a probe into the circumstances under which the strategic Indian Ocean port of Mombasa was used as collateral for the loan the government secured from China’s Exim Bank to build the Mombasa-Nairobi railway.

They even penetrate a nation's security sector as whenever they move in they bring their own security and surveillance;
Concerns are also being raised about the role of private Chinese companies in Africa’s security sectors. Under Chinese law, the line between public and private companies is blurred. Private firms are required to install ruling party branches within their decision-making structure, a regulation known as guojin mintui (国进民退). This relationship is tightened by the practice of strictly hiring demobilized PLA soldiers and former Special Forces, intelligence, and police officials. Today, around 3,000 ex-military members are employed in One Belt One Road projects around the world.

Last edited:

SoldierMan

Executive Member
But we're supposed to be creating a state bank, where is that money going to come from if we need loans from BRICS bank?
Also where is the money going to come from for free higher education.
Also where the heck is the money going to come from for National Health Insurance.
This is heading for disaster.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
China is your new Rooi Gevaar.

Wrong they have already taken over ports and other infrastructure in Africa due to non payment.
The new masters are just as ruthless as the old masters.

"China Takes Over Zambia's Airport, National Broadcasting Cooperation And ZESCO Power Plant. In a new tweet the Chinese Exim Bank clarifies that the bank now has full control over Kenneth Kaunda Airport, Zambia's main broadcast cooperation and the ZESCO Power plant."

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending China is Africas friend is not very bright.

The more Yuan you take and don't repay the more you will lose. Modern day colonialism.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Wrong they have already taken over ports and other infrastructure in Africa due to non payment.
The new masters are just as ruthless as the old masters.

"China Takes Over Zambia's Airport, National Broadcasting Cooperation And ZESCO Power Plant. In a new tweet the Chinese Exim Bank clarifies that the bank now has full control over Kenneth Kaunda Airport, Zambia's main broadcast cooperation and the ZESCO Power plant."

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending China is Africas friend is not very bright.

The more Yuan you take and don't repay the more you will lose. Modern day colonialism.
Weren't those built or upgraded by Chinese entities? Genuine question.

surface

Honorary Master
shweet. So, apart from "european" members using colonial word liberally in every post, we are gonna have Chinese members using same word? Freaking awesome..

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Weren't those built or upgraded by Chinese entities? Genuine question.
yes they are generally new builds or improvements done.

This is the scary thing that China has done - while African leaders are lamenting about the debt deals and "colonialism" from the West and praising the deals they could get from China in the East (without paying back the debt they originally owe the other west state entities).

Most of the countries in Africa are entering into agreements with China that over time is going to come back and bite them in the @ss. I can see in another decade after China is finished with Africa - the African leaders are going to be heading back to the Western leaders (the more liberal, empathetic countries) with hat in hand, wanting saving from the Eastern warlords.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member

This is the scary thing that China has done - while African leaders are lamenting about the debt deals and "colonialism" from the West and praising the deals they could get from China in the East (without paying back the debt they originally owe the other west state entities).

Most of the countries in Africa are entering into agreements with China that over time is going to come back and bite them in the @ss. I can see in another decade after China is finished with Africa - the African leaders are going to be heading back to the Western leaders (the more liberal, empathetic countries) with hat in hand, wanting saving from the Eastern warlords.
Almost as scary as what the ANC has done, some Chinese discipline is welcome in SA. I am yet to see what the real downside is of Chinese deals, but I am very aware already of the downside of allowing the ANC to govern, so I support Chinese colonialism in SA.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

Many politicians go where they're promised the most bribes. You look at countries like Angola, CAR, Kenya, Nigeria, etc and their relationship with the east/west. Much of it is corrupt.

FrankCastle

Executive Member

Zambia third largest economy in southern africa has practically been colonized by China.