SA government wants net neutrality

Sonic2k

Executive Member
Is this a joke? Right? Its not April 1st...
They want net neutrality but at the same time their other friends in the FPB want to censor our internet????

More like just copying America to fit in

Ben_Dover

The South African government doesn't know what they want with the internet because they don't even understand the internet and most of them don't even know how to use it.

rsfriend

Wonder whether they're just positioning to accept some "lobbying" from the likes of Naspers/MTN/Vodacom/etc.?

If this is genuine then that would be a pleasant surprise.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing....

zippy

Honorary Master
They want net neutrality but at the same time their other friends in the FPB want to censor our internet????

I dont think they realise they have copied America. Surly ??

Swa

Honorary Master

As always. It's a national sport in SA to copy American legislation that's being disputed and later repealed or have other legislation added to effectively nullify most of it. SA wants so much to fit in as a first world country so they pick the areas they have easy control over but just miss the mark every time.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
As always. It's a national sport in SA to copy American legislation that's being disputed and later repealed or have other legislation added to effectively nullify most of it. SA wants so much to fit in as a first world country so they pick the areas they have easy control over but just miss the mark every time.

Of course, its an African thing. So badly want to be like the Western civilization, but we cannot leave our muthi, and tribalism behind.

MickeyD

RIP
I wonder if they really know what they really want?

Maybe they should spell that out and we can assign a name or term to match it...

ponder

Honorary Master
I don't think they actually have a frigging clue to be honest.

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
I wonder if they really know what they really want?

Maybe they should spell that out and we can assign a name or term to match it...

Net Neutrality and FPB controls of SA produced content are not mutually exclusive.

chopsky

Expert Member
Nothing rational about this. They want net neutrality because it gives them an opportunity to regulate the Internet i.e. their finger in another pie.