Shadow Conclave - Alliance

Twilight's Hammer - EU - PVP:

Pap en Vleis (Raiding Guild) - Horde - Progress

Vek’nilash - EU:

Avengers of Light - Alliance - Progress

US

Whisperwind - US - PVE:

Sorted (Raiding Guild) - Horde - Progress

The following Guilds have not been 2018 verified as yet and may no longer exist:
--Please PM me or post below to confirm that your Guild is still active so we can have the list as accurate and up to date as possible--

----

EU

Ragnaros - EU - PVP:

F.O.A.D (Raiding Guild) - Horde - Progress

Silvermoon - EU:

Intensity - Alliance

-Legacy List:

Draenor - EU - PVE:

Braaivleis (Raiding Guild) - Horde

Lightbringer - EU - PVE:

Braaivleis - Alliance

The Fury Covenant - Horde (Raiding Guild) - Horde
Befok (Raiding Guild) - Horde
Legacy of the Fallen - Horde
Natural Perfection (Raiding Guild) - Horde

Note

The point of this thread is to keep track of where South African guilds are based with their contact information for quick reference & convenience, so if you're starting a new guild or know of an active one currently not listed, (no matter how small) then this is the place to post.

Please help keep this thread up to date, correct and most importantly: To the topic.
Thanks!

Last edited:

DMNknight

Expert Member

Definitely still around :) Details are still the same

Swart_Kat

@Conack
The Maelstrom - Immortal Chaos is not inactive. We have been active since Warlords of Draenor. Please amend it. :D

Yster21

Shadow Conclave on Sylvanas-EU, Alliance. Contact YsterVuis#2183. Super casual raiding only over Fridays and Saturdays, because career & family >> ilvl. Been around since Vanilla.

|Blunt

Ill go ahead and ask, What defines an Active SA guild for the purposes of this thread?

Yster21

Ill go ahead and ask, What defines an Active SA guild for the purposes of this thread?

Good question. I'd say any guild that is run by, and the majority of its members are, South Africans. Having a couple of non-South Africans probably doesn't/shouldn't affect this.

Edit: and is currently active

Swart_Kat

Good question. I'd say any guild that is run by, and the majority of its members are, South Africans. Having a couple of non-South Africans probably doesn't/shouldn't affect this.

Wonder how many guilds are actually majority ZA members. I know Immortal Chaos is.

If we add rules to what a ZA Guild is, I sense a lot of salt coming in. :crylaugh: So rather just make it guilds that have a few ZA players in.

I do sometimes wonder if the moderator reads these threads. Since Immortal Chaos has been put as inactive. :D;)

https://raider.io/guilds/eu/the-maelstrom/Immortal Chaos <-------- Proof we are active

Last edited:

Conack

Expert Member

This.

As per the previous discussion on the topic, an SA guild constitutes a mainly SA membership/leadership. There'll always be the odd foreigners in guilds, but to call any EU guild an "SA guild" because there's a couple of SA members in it would defeat the point of the thread and would make the list incredibly long as well as inaccurate.

Since people are less likely to report an inactive guild than an active one, I rather start off the new year with all listed as inactive until posted otherwise.

Esea

Expert Member

Definitely still around :) Details are still the same

Funny every time you greet a PnV member you get ignored
(Must prop be all the international members who no speak your type of funny Dutch)

|Blunt

Funny every time you greet a PnV member you get ignored

what a strange thing to generalise - If it makes you feel any better, Hi!

This.

As per the previous discussion on the topic, an SA guild constitutes a mainly SA membership/leadership. There'll always be the odd foreigners in guilds, but to call any EU guild an "SA guild" because there's a couple of SA members in it would defeat the point of the thread and would make the list incredibly long as well as inaccurate.

Since people are less likely to report an inactive guild than an active one, I rather start off the new year with all listed as inactive until posted otherwise.

Thanks Conack, I agree completely. I just wanted to make sure it clarified. Seen a few "SA" guilds here that hardly fit the bill :)
Thanks for keeping this going

Good luck all SA guilds in 2018!

Tofu

Hmm... i joined Apex back in, i guess, 2011/12, but I see there are no (and have not been) SA guilds on Quel'thalas server for a few years now.

I suppose you'd either need to roll a saved 90/100 toon or create a DH or DK on one of these servers and level to 110 to have the potential to be useful to the guild. :erm:
ho hum

infection

For our guild it is simple. You need to be a South African to join. We have discussed the possibility of allowing non South Africans to join, but then they need to have a friend in the guild that is South African and they should not expect to raid above any SA players.

Our goal is to be a pure South African raiding guild.

|Blunt

Pretty much how PnV Handles it too. You need to be in or from SA to raid with us and have a friend in the guild that is from SA if you would like to join casually if you arent local. At this point we are 100% SA in our raid teams, we used to have a lady from Netherlands that raided with us but only due to her boyfriend who is from SA was raiding with us, they both stopped though

Conack

Expert Member
Anyone know if Sorted is still active?

Their forum shows some activity in december, but I'd rather not just assume.

Tarren Mill - EU - PVP:

Sorted (Raiding Guild) - Horde

infection

Anyone know if Sorted is still active?

Their forum shows some activity in december, but I'd rather not just assume.

Tarren Mill - EU - PVP:

Sorted (Raiding Guild) - Horde

I highly doubt that anyone in the guild is playing actively as there is nothing on their guild armory news feed and from what I can see most have not logged into the game for 5+ months.

Tofu

For our guild it is simple. You need to be a South African to join. We have discussed the possibility of allowing non South Africans to join, but then they need to have a friend in the guild that is South African and they should not expect to raid above any SA players.

Our goal is to be a pure South African raiding guild.

Pretty much how PnV Handles it too. You need to be in or from SA to raid with us and have a friend in the guild that is from SA if you would like to join casually if you arent local. At this point we are 100% SA in our raid teams, we used to have a lady from Netherlands that raided with us but only due to her boyfriend who is from SA was raiding with us, they both stopped though

Apart from being able to say "it's an all-SA guild", what's the motivation behind this?
Also, how do you test for South-Africanness? Do they have to know who Chris is and whether hy het al gery?

infection

Apart from being able to say "it's an all-SA guild", what's the motivation behind this?
Also, how do you test for South-Africanness? Do they have to know who Chris is and whether hy het al gery?

Lythix used to be SA run guild that had many Internationals raiding with us. Unfortunately the fact that a lot of the Internationals could not understand that we play with higher latency and sometimes a lag spike can cause issues or that there is sometimes power outages for long periods along with the amount of moaning we had from Internationals when a joke was made in Afrikaans we just decided that the hassle is not worth it.

As for testing, even with the few English speaking South Africans we have in the guild, we have not come across any South African that cannot at least understand the basics of Afrikaans and as such we are using that to test it.

SnowWar

Expert Member
Lol, or get emo easily, like brandy and coke and regularly have internet issues I'd guess.

|Blunt

Being part of a South African community, were alot closer than it would be if we were a random collection from all over the world. Guildies drink together over weekends, arrange braais, *** en moan about the traffic on N1 or about the water issues in the cape. Imo being in a South African community is whats kept me in this game for as long as it has

Also, how do you test for South-Africanness?Do they have to know who Chris is and whether hy het al gery?

So this gives me the idea that you dont actually give a **** regardless and are posting with some heavy undertones
dont be that guy