SA Guilds 2018 - World of Warcraft

KoPsKooT

Hey guys!

I don't know if you have taken a look at the new cross realm community feature, but I created a community called "Team Africa" in hopes of getting all the horde South Africans in one community, I think that would be pretty neat.

Here is a link to the ingame Horde only group: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/ALEMKeUyDk?region=EU&faction=Horde.

Edit: Large bnet SA community - https://blizzard.com/invite/KVkwdcBap

2nd Edit: A lot of people are confused why there are different groups, all the other groups are overall bnet groups, they don't do a good job of making it easy to play together(you have to invite people as friends first every time), the in-game horde only group is made for playing wow together, you can just right click name and invite, join people with the quick join menu, set events, and see peoples classes with ease, it's like a cross realm guild.

Cheers

Last edited:

lordraz0r

Can you add Stormragers (EU Draenor) to the list please. It's a casual guild we are growing.

Marz

Anyone know if Sorted is still active?

Their forum shows some activity in december, but I'd rather not just assume.

Tarren Mill - EU - PVP:

Sorted (Raiding Guild) - Horde

Hi, sorry for the delayed response to this thread, I was only directed to it today :)

The EU version of the guild was an attempt for a few members to try restart there. As some may know, most of us that play on the US servers are the stubborn few who played before the EU servers were even open and just refused to restart on EU. I personally have tried a few times and just keep crawling back to my original characters.
We all just wish Blizzard would allow cross region transfers.

TLDR
EU guild, inactive
US guild still running now for 12+ years (details in first post are still correct)

Conack

Expert Member
Hi, sorry for the delayed response to this thread, I was only directed to it today :)

The EU version of the guild was an attempt for a few members to try restart there. As some may know, most of us that play on the US servers are the stubborn few who played before the EU servers were even open and just refused to restart on EU. I personally have tried a few times and just keep crawling back to my original characters.
We all just wish Blizzard would allow cross region transfers.

TLDR
EU guild, inactive
US guild still running now for 12+ years (details in first post are still correct)

Can you add Stormragers (EU Draenor) to the list please. It's a casual guild we are growing.

Thanks a lot, updated and added.

Ja I must say it was a lazy/greedy move from Blizzard to have the US players buy another version (EU) of the same game to get better latency & connect with the influx of new players. Stormrage must have quite a large graveyard of ZA players.. :crying:

Marz

Thanks a lot, updated and added.

Ja I must say it was a lazy/greedy move from Blizzard to have the US players buy another version (EU) of the same game to get better latency & connect with the influx of new players. Stormrage must have quite a large graveyard of ZA players.. :crying:

Exactly
Thats why Sorted was created to unite whoever remained. I would love to see what would happen if they ever decided to make servers in Africa. Would EU guys get a transfer?

prOd

Expert Member
Any locals wanna do some casual arenas in BFA? I'm on TN Horde (Rogue/DK/Priest) but I still do have a boost I can use to go Alliance.

Windeck

Deathwing - EU - PvP

Council of ENKI (PvP & Casual Guild) - Horde
Founded 29 July 2018

Currently only 2 members, but looking to fill it up to 47. We shall be a brotherhood of heroes from the Horde pushing some PvP! Let's get ready for BFA peeps!

Yster21

Best advise I can give is stay far and clear of Immortal Chaos on The Maelstrom, not a place you want to be trust me.

Not my experience at all. If it wasn't for the IC guys, my own guild would never even have cleared Normal Antorus. They were willing to come and help out, even with their mains. In many ways, my interactions with them have made me a better player.

I've built good relationships with several of their members, and I have even transferred a character to their server and officially joined IC for BfA.

Their approach to mythic raiding is professional and they want to do it right the first time. I absolutely agree with the approach, even if it means I won't make the cut. You can't be a special snowflake in that guild.

Yster21

So guilds are now cross server?

I'm still not entirely sure what's going on with the revamp to communities, but it seems like you can be invited to a guild's community and see their guild chat, but still belong to your original guild.

KingBel

Expert Member
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, but can anybody advise what ping I’m supposed to be getting on a 10mb premium Mweb Adsl line? Reinstalled WoW and only getting 600ms .. unplayable

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, but can anybody advise what ping I’m supposed to be getting on a 10mb premium Mweb Adsl line? Reinstalled WoW and only getting 600ms .. unplayable

+/-250ms on mweb. 22ms on Telkom. =/ Your exchange might be congested, especially between 7 and 9pm.

KingBel

Expert Member
+/-250ms on mweb. 22ms on Telkom. =/ Your exchange might be congested, especially between 7 and 9pm.

Figured it might be the WiFi.. tried it without the rest of the devices around the modem switched on and managed to get 200ms.. but that didn’t last long. Gonna have to get a long cable for when I play WoW.. or get another telephone jack installed close to my pc

Yster21

Figured it might be the WiFi.. tried it without the rest of the devices around the modem switched on and managed to get 200ms.. but that didn’t last long. Gonna have to get a long cable for when I play WoW.. or get another telephone jack installed close to my pc

How about getting two Ethernet over Powerline adapters?

Solarion

Honorary Master
Have fun and gl with BFA. Sitting this one out. Got too much on the go. Expansion looks awesome though.

WordtotheWise

Not my experience at all. If it wasn't for the IC guys, my own guild would never even have cleared Normal Antorus. They were willing to come and help out, even with their mains. In many ways, my interactions with them have made me a better player.

I've built good relationships with several of their members, and I have even transferred a character to their server and officially joined IC for BfA.

Their approach to mythic raiding is professional and they want to do it right the first time. I absolutely agree with the approach, even if it means I won't make the cut. You can't be a special snowflake in that guild.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but so far I've just seen a lot of them especially officers are egotistical douche bags, who if you are not good enough in their eyes you wont get any help, they also like bad mouthing everyone they deem "unworthy", they will not help you unless its worth it to them, their 1 raid they rage quit because some guys had made mistakes and they are "mythic" raiders and don't wipe, regardless if its your 1st time there.

When they are on alts and need help on m+ you are good enough but when on their mains they will never help you. Nothing you ever do will be good enough it seems, but if you suck up enough and become part of the "clique" you are good, there are however a ton of good members the ****ty leadership just over shadows them.