SA has a backlog of 320,000 driver’s licences - And it is caused by corrupt officials

Brawler

Honorary Master
It's a similar story with motor vehicle license renewals. You basically have to take a day off, stand in queues and hope you don't get covid and still might not get helped.

Tried to register to renew online but my registration has been 'in-progress' for 3 weeks.

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
It's a similar story with motor vehicle license renewals. You basically have to take a day off, stand in queues and hope you don't get covid and still might not get helped.

Tried to register to renew online but my registration has been 'in-progress' for 3 weeks.
Except that its not even remotely the same

quovadis

Executive Member

Find a post office. They're only busy when it's pensions/social days or end of month.

quovadis

Executive Member
Still not quite sure how something dodgy at a licensing centre can impact a national booking system that requires you to identify yourself to make a booking in the first place unless the centres can dictate the number of slots available which is ludicrous.

My 2c. Get rid of license cards and add a license flag on the national ID card which can be read by scanning the card. It's supposed to be a smart card after all.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Mbalula has now echoed Mamabolo’s concerns, saying “it is all corruption – it is a problem which is happening in the back office,” he said.

:rolleyes:

Yes, and which group of back office staff sits furthest at the back?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master

Or you could just do it at the PO.
Takes 5min

Moosedrool

Executive Member
And they're still pulling people over and fining them for expired license disks and drivers licenses if yours didn't expire in lockdown.

ANC logic: 4 x 4 = 12

Chinmaya

Why the hell license is valid for 5 years. Govt know how to milk money out of middle class to feed the voting class. Keep looting.

MeestaR

Expert Member
This crap has been happening for years, COVID-19 just made it worse, am I right?
My own hometown was so useless, I had to go to another town just to get my driver's license.
Either this, bookings full for the cronies or the "system is offline".

MeestaR

Expert Member
When it comes to the post office, whole another story.
I renewed my car's license, chop-chop. Like it should be.