SA heading for junk downgrade, rating forecaster says

Knyro

Honorary Master
I'm asking your again: Where were you in 1994? You are quick with answers to everything being clever, quick to criticize, but somehow fail to answer this simple question.

Incidentally, as one of the older generation, yes, we invented stuff and we're still inventing stuff - when we're not busy trying to fix what some of the younger generation continues breaking in their arrogance.
What did you invent?

Knyro

Honorary Master
Lol. Civilisation as you know it. Be greatfull you aren't running around in the bush naked and starving.
LOL so you personally didn't invent shyt? And your very existence is inconsequential as far as technological progress is concerned? Got it.

rietrot

Honorary Master
LOL so you personally didn't invent shyt? And your very existence is inconsequential as far as technological progress is concerned? Got it.
Nobody personally invents anything significant purely on their own it's all build on top of Western civilisation. My existence is just as inconsequential as yours I'm just not as arrogant as you about it.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Nobody personally invents anything significant purely on their own it's all build on top of Western civilisation. My existence is just as inconsequential as yours I'm just not as arrogant as you about it.
You literally just took credit for inventing civilisation as I know it but you're not "as arrogant" as me? LOL.

You didn't invent shyt, didn't even build on top of shyt. But you take credit for it. Pathetic attempt at moving the goalposts btw.

Your last two posts are the most Dunning-Kruger-ish I've ever seen on MyBB. Just wow.

Knyro

Honorary Master
Well English is also my second language, but no I didn't. Not personally.
Where's that IQ chart? I think I found somebody dragging SA down.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to stream some anime on my computer that rietrot invented, over the internet that rietrot invented, none of which would be possible without the semiconductors and transistors that rietrot invented. :ROFL:

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Thanks for a wall of waffle, but my point was that the previous regime struggled to raise capital through traditional channels, hence the Bonus Bond nonsense.

I wonder why that was.
I wanted to reply to him and tell him to stop with his Western Logic. After all it will only sound as a "wall of waffle" to you
Fact of the matter is, South Africa will have to pay more for the much needed cash. Junk status by all 3 rating agencies, should be avoided at all costs. Ramaphosa was supposed to do that but...

surface

Executive Member
Well English is also my second language, but no I didn't. Not personally.
English is my 3rd language so excuse me if I don't understand correctly. You basically took credit for western civilization because you are white, am I right?

joshuatree

Expert Member
Most municipalities' residents in the country have been living like and in JUNK already...

Pathetic governance.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
You are mixing half-truths.

The reason that FW de Klerk took the country to negotiations was because sanctions were crippling the SA economy. Simply, sanctions brought apartheid to its knees.
Are you a Western agent or something? The fall of apartheid was because of the freedom fighters and the mass demonstrations and bombs and all that! Give credit where is due.

rietrot

Honorary Master
English is my 3rd language so excuse me if I don't understand correctly. You basically took credit for western civilization because you are white, am I right?
Hey, sorry that my ancestors came from Europe, it's not my fault, I was just born into it. Just like Africa being a shîthole is not your fault.

Jopie Fourie

Let me try again. Do you think civil war will happen in South africa before 2030 or 2040 ? Matter of time is rather vague. First thread for Zim 2.0 is at least 15 years old when it was a matter of time.
The civil war in South Africa already started about 4 years ago. It is being disguised by the government and their propaganda machine as protests and 'normal crime'.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Junk will be fine for a while if you have savings and little to no debt. The wealthy will benefit and people living on debt will suffer. The first thing that will happen is a jump in interest rates so it will be more costly and difficult to get credit/loans but you'll also get more interest from fixed deposits and savings accounts. Equities will probably suffer in the short term from the immediate foreign disinvestment though.

Long term everyone loses though since if people have to spend more to fund their debt, they have less money to spend on other things. So GDP will fall further as the economy slows down. Country will get poorer and poorer as the population keeps growing faster than GDP. So even if you are wealthy you will have to pay for the whole show more and more.
South Africa should have increased the interest rates ages ago. The apartheid government saved the economy from total collapse by raising interest rates to 15 or so percent!

surface

Executive Member
Hey, sorry that my ancestors came from Europe, it's not my fault, I was just born into it. Just like Africa being a shîthole is not your fault.
Sure but I am not from africa. Well, techically, I am as this is where it all started. But leaving that aside, do you take credit for apartheid as well? Or those were neanderthals?

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
Knyro is a well known troll. Don't derail the thread by feeding him. He will never stop. He wants the diversion! Now back to the topic. Junk rate status won't have such a huge impact as some think. South Africa has been doing bad for the last few years now. Ramaphosa worsened the situation. He is not a good leader. Malema is better but his ideology is ...

Sollie

Expert Member
What did you invent?
Let's say certain methodologies and tools. One being Ansar. That was in 95. Sales people hated it, techies loved it.

How about complex disk configuration portability despite a major vendor refusing to divulge source code to give them a better product. It later made it's way into the vendor's portfolio. No reward was ever sought. It was done for all. Reward was incidental after they zicked my code and I caught them in the act; an engineer contacted me asking me for support, what was the reason I had done something. He did not know they had zicked it and were commercializing it. Was fun to watch a corporation squirm.

Working with other parties that are today known as the founding fathers of certain things, something you use every day to keep you safe. Even now there is a massive fight going on between the clueless newer generation whizz kids and some of the older knowledgeable sages that made many mistakes, fixed them and established why certain things work as they do ... until recently. The new young SJW kool-aid drinking crew knows better, breaking things they don't know exists.

In the past ten years signalling of preservation of data across jurisdictions in a way that bypasses political interference, meets regulatory requirements, allowing people who keep you safer to gain access to actionable information.

M$ also had a go with something else and were frustrated. Fun fact for you: M$ had a war kitty to defend/settle ito stolen ideas that made them big, it was part of their growth model.

So yes, I did invent methods of getting things done. More than a bit made it's way into stuff in small ways you can never appreciate. Am I proudly putting my name it? Why not? Catch a clue. Thousands of people like me allow you to type today on your keyboard to argue about things. Just watch out for the cool-aid ...

Toemaar boetie, jy moet nog die foute maak wat ek al gemaak het - en van geleer het. :sneaky: