SA ISPs must now have black owners

lkswan747

Expert Member
There goes the service!
It is all about the money and not about addressing the HDG.
To all the ISP's, I feel for you having built up your business only to be told what you must do in order to continue doing what you do.:mad:

rvZA

Executive Member
Hmmm, I'm "Indian" and a youth (kinda, not sure what their definition is).

So where's my 30% stake @Afrihost?

Heck, I'll even settle for 1% considering I did nothing to deserve it.

Are you connected enough? The ANC, more in particular Ramaphosa himself, will decide who get appointed on these company boards. You can be sure it will be family and friends first in line, then connected cronies.

zolly

Expert Member
Is there anyone at an ISP that can slip us some inside info on what is being done to challenge this rubbish legally?

Or can MyBB interview some ISP heads to find out?

eg2505

Honorary Master
lets not beat around the bush,
its Racism, not AA/BEE or anything like that.

just like EWC and all the laws they come up with now are simply a form of racism.
no simple and polite way of putting it.

rvZA

Executive Member
lets not beat around the bush,
its Racism, not AA/BEE or anything like that.

just like EWC and all the laws they come up with now are simply a form of racism.
no simple and polite way of putting it.

True, all their racial based laws are acts of racism. It is easier to forcefully take something from someone rather than starting something on their own. Ramaphose and friends got a taste of what it was like back in 1994 to be forced onto boards of private companies.

ProjectEC97

Is this supposed to be a joke? Because it's really not a funny one, misinformation has great repercussions. I'm hoping to leave this country asap because of what's currently going on with the way things are being handled, eskom, economy, crime, poor municipality performance (I'm looking at you Emfuleni) and a whole bunch of other things. Seeing an article like this just adds fuel the fire and honestly ruins the day.

I so much hope there's an opportunity to get a sponsored job overseas so I can finally say goodbye to a country that's in reverse.

rvZA

Executive Member
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because it's really not a funny one, misinformation has great repercussions. I'm hoping to leave this country asap because of what's currently going on with the way things are being handled, eskom, economy, crime, poor municipality performance (I'm looking at you Emfuleni) and a whole bunch of other things. Seeing an article like this just adds fuel the fire and honestly ruins the day.

I so much hope there's an opportunity to get a sponsored job overseas so I can finally say goodbye to a country that's in reverse.

Here the law has been gazetted - http://www.gpwonline.co.za/Gazettes/Gazettes/44382_31-03_Icasa.pdf

Still think it is a joke?

Quicks

Expert Member
Better than having all owners be clowns.
This is only the beginning 5 years it will be 60% another 5 years 80%. They are slowly forcing white people to give away their businesses.

rvZA

Executive Member
This is only the beginning 5 years it will be 60% another 5 years 80%. They are slowly forcing white people to give away their businesses.

A lot of cronies who still want their share and placing tremendous pressure on government. Yes, more shares of businesses will still go towards BEE cronies. For now they will focus on white owned businesses, yes, but the bad news is, next up, they will also be targeting black-owned businesses where cronies still are not appointed.

You have to be out of your mind to have a registered South African business.

eg2505

Honorary Master
you know where else this happened?

the Nazis forcibly took away Jews businesses and gave them to friends of the Nazis,
History repeats itself once again. nothing good ever comes from giving people who didnt earn something, something for nothing.

like I said, racism, no "good" racism or "Bad" racism,
its all exactly the same thing.

eg2505

Honorary Master
this, problem is many just keep the business going, any way they can, including shady dealings and corruption.
just to ensure they can jump ship at the first opportunity.

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
A lot of cronies who still want their share and placing tremendous pressure on government. Yes, more shares of businesses will still go towards BEE cronies. For now they will focus on white owned businesses, yes, but the bad news is, next up, they will also be targeting black-owned businesses where cronies still are not appointed.

You must be out of your mind to have anything that is supposed to be an asset or investment in SA.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Well, my personal deadline is 2024, if I'm not gone by then, then I'll sit in a cave in the middle of nowhere and do nothing until I starve to death or something
sure you will be able to get into the WC state, if you start digging now.