SA IT professionals’ tablets of choice

SZN

Expert Member
Just wish we could get Nexus devices officially in SA.

Or at the very least, have more choice in the local importers.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Bunch of damn Apple fanbois answered this survey.. I'm sure of it :p

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Is this because the iPad is really more popular or because Information Security departments don't like the openness of Android?

I know this is the case where I work.

Last edited:

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Bunch of damn Apple fanbois answered this survey.. I'm sure of it :p

I think if you remove fanboism as a means to appoint your preferred tab, the choices are mostly made on how well they fulfil requirements. I cannot possibly think that a third of the users here are Apple fanbois per se. Perhaps only so for the choice of tablet.

I'd wager though that the 3% Huawei scored is from the sale at Kalahari last year and it would've been more if Richard didn't buy out their stock.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I think if you remove fanboism as a means to appoint your preferred tab, the choices are mostly made on how well they fulfil requirements. I cannot possibly think that a third of the users here are Apple fanbois per se. Perhaps only so for the choice of tablet.

I'd wager though that the 3% Huawei scored is from the sale at Kalahari last year and it would've been more if Richard didn't buy out their stock.

Yep.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Is this the weekly thing that's going to replace the quizzes? Next week, SA IT Professionals' favourite flash drive.

MickZA

Executive Member
The survey was completed by 2,639 respondents, most of whom were IT professionals, IT managers, and general techies.
How many of these didn't complete the tablet section though?

... I find desktops, laptops & smartphones are all I need, no requirement for a tablet.

Dan C

Honorary Master

... I find desktops, laptops & smartphones are all I need, no requirement for a tablet.

There goes your chance of winning the next tablet on myBB :whistling:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

My remote workload is distributed 50% Laptop, 20% Desktop, 25% Tablet and 5% Smartphone (30% Smart devices). I don't even use the laptop or desktop (with webcam) to do remote meetings anymore, only tablet.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
I don't see the option for replacing an tablet with a PC with a full OS?

because why would an IT professional want a "super big phone" than can't make calls

SZN

Expert Member
I don't see the option for replacing an tablet with a PC with a full OS?

because why would an IT professional want a "super big phone" than can't make calls

My Samsung tablet runs full Windows 8.1 plus it has a detachable keyboard. It's a pretty cool set up.

Not very powerful, but decent enough for university and the battery life is ridiculously good.