SA lawyers nailed after using ChatGPT to argue case

And people fundamentally misunderstand exactly what chatgpt is and what it can do
I always tell people to treat it like a clever (not intelligent) drunk dude at a party that will say anything to keep the conversation going.

Back to the case at hand: client was hit with a cost order. Hopefully she goes after her lawyers (if they came up with this junk) for it

I hope the Legal Professions Council goes after then and get them disbarred. It is highly unprofessional, dishonest and unethical. The criteria for admission as a lawyer includes that the person is "suitable" to practice as such, which refers to honesty and maintaing ethical standards, so these people no longer meet these requirements.

This situation serves as a reminder of the importance of thorough research, diligence, and ethical conduct in legal practice. It's essential for lawyers to uphold the highest standards of professionalism to ensure fairness and justice for their clients.On a positive note, it's commendable that the court identified and addressed this issue in its judgment, reinforcing the accountability of legal practitioners.For those seeking reliable legal guidance, resources like https://federal-lawyer.com/whistleblower-lawyers/fda/ can offer valuable insights and assistance. It's crucial to work with reputable professionals who prioritize integrity and competence.

One of the funniest posts I've read today :ROFL:

Yeah don't just use chatgpt generated email responses. It tends to give the impression all hell has broken loose and doomsday is near. Learned that the hard way when responding to a technical enquiry.

This situation serves as a reminder of the importance of thorough research, diligence, and ethical conduct in legal practice. It's essential for lawyers to uphold the highest standards of professionalism to ensure fairness and justice for their clients.On a positive note, it's commendable that the court identified and addressed this issue in its judgment, reinforcing the accountability of legal practitioners.For those seeking reliable legal guidance, resources like https://federal-lawyer.com/whistleblower-lawyers/fda/ can offer valuable insights and assistance. It's crucial to work with reputable professionals who prioritize integrity and competence.

Nice necro. Individuals who prioritise integrity and competence are unsuitable to be lawyers here in ZA though. Bribery 101 are case winners now.

Yeah don't just use chatgpt generated email responses. It tends to give the impression all hell has broken loose and doomsday is near. Learned that the hard way when responding to a technical enquiry.
I will use chatgpt for anything except flying aeroplanes, driving cars, replying to emails and rebuilding a RAID array.

Back