SA local elections set for November 1

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I'm with the DA on this.

Affordable housing projects goes to **** and drags the value of everything around it through the gutter.
Okay with me, as long as it's clear that they are playing political football by wanting to pretend like De lille is standing in their way.

Acid0

Expert Member
Listening at the ANC this morning was actually a joke with their election campaign.
How can the ruling party that is government and the president of the party that is also the president of the RSA come out and make promises what they will do...... hell dude you had 27 years to do it.

Then having the tow previous presidents that also did nothing there to agree that they want to do it better than the current government has done.

If you cant do it in the time you are ACTUALLY in charge what will be different now?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Listening at the ANC this morning was actually a joke with their election campaign.
How can the ruling party that is government and the president of the party that is also the president of the RSA come out and make promises what they will do...... hell dude you had 27 years to do it.

Then having the tow previous presidents that also did nothing there to agree that they want to do it better than the current government has done.

If you cant do it in the time you are ACTUALLY in charge what will be different now?

But, they've admitted they made mistakes, and only the ANC can make that admission according to Blade... so its ok, they'll do better this time around, pinky swear.

Acid0

Expert Member
But, they've admitted they made mistakes, and only the ANC can make that admission according to Blade... so its ok, they'll do better this time around, pinky swear.
Squirrel has admitted more times in his speeches that they screwed up than what they actually did right

ToxicBunny

Squirrel has admitted more times in his speeches that they screwed up than what they actually did right

Well he's sort of admitted what they've screwed up, and also kind of said what the electorate wants (and thrown in a bit of the standard centrist "government gives jobs" crap for good measure), and of course all the new councilors have been chosen by the community apparently (which begs the question of how councilors were chosen for the last 25+ years of course) and all these councilors have the capability and experience to do the job right. I'd be intrigued where the ANC has been hiding these 4500 odd competent people for so long.

surface

Honorary Master
Okay with me, as long as it's clear that they are playing political football by wanting to pretend like De lille is standing in their way.
Does De Lille (her department) have the power to surrender this ? I would have thought parliamentary village land would be under the parliament's jurisdiction, if there is such a thing.
In the memorandum, the DA demands that De Lille's department immediately surrender its lease over Acacia Park and other parliamentary villages to provide housing.

ToxicBunny

Does De Lille (her department) have the power to surrender this ? I would have thought parliamentary village land would be under the parliament's jurisdiction, if there is such a thing.

Nah, the land/buildings etc would be under the remit of DPWI, parliament merely have the use of the property.

surface

Honorary Master
Nah, the land/buildings etc would be under the remit of DPWI, parliament merely have the use of the property.
Ok - I am just going by what she said. Maybe she doesn't know she has jurisdiction?

"He must know that all Members of Parliament, all the benefits that Members of Parliament get, it's not decided by me, it's decided by a judge. It's a judge that looks at all the benefits for Members of Parliament. Currently, part of those benefits of all Members of Parliament is that the state must provide them with housing in the City of Cape Town for Parliament. Those villages have been there for years since the National Party; why didn't he ask the National Party also to release," she said.

ToxicBunny

Ok - I am just going by what she said. Maybe she doesn't know she has jurisdiction?

She's obfuscating and conflating shyte really.

Yes, MPs have benefits etc etc.. but those are seperate from who controls the land and buildings. DPWI should have a mandate to make sure that government controlled property is effectively used, and I would hazard a guess that the CPT parliamentary village is empty the vast majority of the time.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
GOOD has the very whiny Social Justice Warrior, Brett Herron, as their CT mayoral candidate. If GOOD gets more than 5% in the CT municipal election, I'll be stunned. Bunch of clowns.

This should be interesting. I can see Good getting more than 5% of the votes in Cape Town. They got 3% of Western Cape votes in 2019.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I know this is only local elections ! But who ever promise to remove e-tolls (they get my vote)!