SA local elections set for November 1

ForceFate

Honorary Master
There's still time, SAPO hasn't fully collapsed yet, when anything fails in this country the ANC are quick to accuse others.
He failed and left, no one has accused him for leaving the institution in worse condition despite the money pumped into it.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Hopefully with a decent paycheck and a passport once he fails at fixing Eskom, the racists will accuse him of destroying the country, it's all too easy for the ANC to point all the blame at the white guy.
You'd swear he is the first white SOE CEO.

dj2381

Expert Member
He failed and left, no one has accused him for leaving the institution in worse condition despite the money pumped into it.
Like I said, it hasn't fully collapsed yet, the history of the ANC suggests they will lay the blame on whitey no matter how far back in history they need to go, change my mind....Also check google and let me know where he failed.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Like I said, it hasn't fully collapsed yet, the history of the ANC suggests they will lay the blame on whitey no matter how far back in history they need to go, change my mind....Also check google and let me know where he failed.
He contributed to the collapse like those before him. Don't make it about race/ethnicity.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Nah you are trying too hard, Mark and De Ruyter were appointed by the ANC government, there is just no history that supports you assertions.

dj2381

Expert Member
He contributed to the collapse like those before him. Don't make it about race/ethnicity.
Show me where he contributed, have you read any of the articles and his reasons for leaving? the ANC and their voters make it about race not me, unless you live under a rock the ANC uses whitey as a scapegoat whenever they get a chance.

dj2381

Expert Member
Nah you are trying too hard, Mark and De Ruyter were appointed by the ANC government, there is just no history that supports you assertions.
Show me where he contributed, have you read any of the articles and his reasons for leaving? the ANC and their voters make it about race not me, unless you live under a rock the ANC uses whitey as a scapegoat whenever they get a chance.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I like it when you apply different standards because he is white, he did his best and failed because the government was hell bent on sabotaging him, just like most CEOs in SOEs, fact of the matter is that he left the Post Office still not turning profit and any day you would easily lump him with all the other "incompetent" CEO because that's what you do.

dj2381

Expert Member

I like it when you apply different standards because he is white, he did his best and failed because the government was hell bent on sabotaging him, just like most CEOs in SOEs, fact of the matter is that he left the Post Office still not turning profit and any day you would easily lump him with all the other "incompetent" CEO because that's what you do.
Are you answering on behalf of @surface again? Please try and follow the conversation next time. BTW this was about he SAPO CEO in case you are lost.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Sometimes I forget everything lose value as soon as the ANC person EFF achieves it.

The WC used to be a shining example when they were number one in the matric pass, everything changed when Gauteng and the Free State toppled them over.

Qualifications used to be a big deal when the leaders of the DA had them and Malema had a dodgy matric and Zuma had nothing, in walked Steenhuisen and everything changed.

Clean audits were a big deal when it was the DA getting them, Ekurhuleni kicked the door down and barged in, suddenly the Auditor General was an ANC cadre.

The Constitutional Court used to be our only saviour when Zuma and the ANC lost cases all the time, what happened when the DA lost a case? They were suddenly in bed with the great liberation movement.

I've been here long enough and know how these things work.
Salty

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Maybe they do. I'm not here to defend them. Just pointing out the fact that the man was not infallible, and contributed to the demise like his predecessors. Of course everyone has an excuse when it all comes crumbling into a heap.

How much in bailouts did SAPO receive during his reign?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
OOPS I tagged the wrong person in that post :X3: Bailouts will do nothing when your hands are tied.
He accepted the position knowing the political meddling going on at the institution. de Ruyter was able to negotiate a more favourable environment before taking over. Jarana tried it at SAA but was shot down.

As a CEO, he's ultimately responsible.

dj2381

Expert Member
He accepted the position knowing the political meddling going on at the institution. de Ruyter was able to negotiate a more favourable environment before taking over. Jarana tried it at SAA but was shot down.

As a CEO, he's ultimately responsible.
But how can you call yourself a CEO if you have no say in how things are run.