SA local elections set for November 1

Voting stations close at 21h00, however, should you be in the queue at this time you will be allowed to be processed... this could possibly be open to abuse should it not be monitored and managed.

Once 'all' voters are processed, the counting will commence. So I guess the time won't be extended.

Forget the spam, wtf is with the deceit tactics?

I know for a fact our ward is a DA stronghold. They're more in danger of losing to Action SA than the ANC. This obsession with the ANC is not healthy...
Most probably a standard SMS.

The media is digging into the IEC in regard to the voters who have been shown away who were eligible to vote. The Helen Zille question also came up. Also questions in regard to special voting hours where unrest and protests occurred.

Media is really questioning whether the IEC's 'new' system is reliable. This go to the courts, this whole outcome will change pending on the ruling... The ANC would be happy.

And I was almost excommunicated for saying I would possibly not vote this year. ( but I did ...)

Voting is a privilege many people around the world don't have. The first time I could vote was in the '92 referendum. I still recall sitting in class the day before and our lecturer Andre asking us to go vote the next day & telling us how important it was (by that time we already had poc in class with us), he ended his request with 'vote with your heart'. I've voted in every election since then and I view it as a civil & moral duty.

Oh my... the media asking whether the IEC have appropriately marketed the elections??? Shouldn't that be on the parties competing at the polls?

People didn't vote, you can't blame the IEC.
Samkele Maseko likes asking stupid questions with the greatest enthusiasm, I don't know what's wrong with that boy.

I will say this, an election drive which is empathised on social media isn't enough to drive people to the polls. I believe the media has now also realised that their campaigns aren't cutting it either. The real drive remains on the ground, doing actual work.

There were only 20 voting booths at voting station in my area. It services just over 10 residential estates. Thousands of people for 20 booths. Utterly pathetic.

I will say this, an election drive which is empathised on social media isn't enough to drive people to the polls. I believe the media has now also realised that their campaigns aren't cutting it either. The real drive remains on the ground, doing actual work.
The very concept of driving people to the polls, isn't declaring the date as an election day good enough? I mean why should anyone be driven to the polls?

Voting is a privilege many people around the world don't have. The first time I could vote was in the '92 referendum. I still recall sitting in class the day before and our lecturer Andre asking us to go vote the next day & telling us how important it was (by that time we already had poc in class with us), he ended his request with 'vote with your heart'. I've voted in every election since then and I view it as a civil & moral duty.

Ah the famous starving children in Ethiopia argument

Voting stations close at 21h00, however, should you be in the queue at this time you will be allowed to be processed... this could possibly be open to abuse should it not be monitored and managed.

Once 'all' voters are processed, the counting will commence. So I guess the time won't be extended.
got to pump those anc votes

The very concept of driving people to the polls, isn't declaring the date as an election day good enough? I mean why should anyone be driven to the polls?

It is an announcement, but what wills a voter to go to the polls, what is the motivation?

Finger pointing campaigns aren’t cutting it. That is how most parties goes about the electioneering. People want results, and they aren't getting any but empty promises, and this is not unique to the ruling party.

Back