SA located Server hosting with large storage

RazorCPT

Hey guys,

So I bought a server via Hetzner's server auction a couple months ago. While it's fantastic, I'm getting a little frustrated with international speeds (not Hetzner's fault - my ISP).

I was wondering if anyone knows of a hosting company that has a local DC that offers servers (either VPS or dedicated) with storage of around 6tb?

I've looked at the big guys (Azure, AWS) and to get that sort of storage costs an absolute fortune. Other normally only go up to around 500gb.

While I am looking at switching ISPs, either way having the server local would be far more ideal.

Thanks!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Why not just put a free domain on cloudflare and add a cname on cloudflare that points to your server. Now all the http traffic is served via cloudflare cdn. Single TCP connections is limited to 100Mbps with Cloudflare but you can multi thread it to max speeds.

WAslayer

Executive Member
Why not just put a free domain on cloudflare and add a cname on cloudflare that points to your server. Now all the http traffic is served via cloudflare cdn. Single TCP connections is limited to 100Mbps with Cloudflare but you can multi thread it to max speeds.
Not all use cases are suitable for CloudFlare.. OP specifically mentioned storage space, so likely will be doing data transfers to some extent.. sure CloudFlare may provide an optimised network path but, latency would ultimately still come into play..

cavedog

Honorary Master
Not all use cases are suitable for CloudFlare.. OP specifically mentioned storage space, so likely will be doing data transfers to some extent.. sure CloudFlare may provide an optimised network path but, latency would ultimately still come into play..

I get that but with 6TB a Hetzner server on auction is about R500 and then it had 6TB hdd and pretty decent specs.

You will NEVER get that locally for under R3000 as OP mentioned it's costing a fortune.The only realistic way is to keep with a German or any other dedi and then at least get the downloads going via the local CDN.

So Uploading and managing it will still be international but pulling off data from it whatever size and amount it will be through a local CDN server and not a just optimized website but downloading files via the CDN.

WAslayer

Executive Member
I get that but with 6TB a Hetzner server on auction is about R500 and then it had 6TB hdd and pretty decent specs.

You will NEVER get that locally for under R3000 as OP mentioned it's costing a fortune.The only realistic way is to keep with a German or any other dedi and then at least get the downloads going via the local CDN.

So Uploading and managing it will still be international but pulling off data from it whatever size and amount it will be through a local CDN server and not a just optimized website but downloading files via the CDN.
R 3300 a month will get you 6TB from 1 grid.. that 300 a month is well worth the drop in latency..

Telasera

Telasera representative
Company Rep
Hey guys,

So I bought a server via Hetzner's server auction a couple months ago. While it's fantastic, I'm getting a little frustrated with international speeds (not Hetzner's fault - my ISP).

I was wondering if anyone knows of a hosting company that has a local DC that offers servers (either VPS or dedicated) with storage of around 6tb?

I've looked at the big guys (Azure, AWS) and to get that sort of storage costs an absolute fortune. Other normally only go up to around 500gb.

While I am looking at switching ISPs, either way having the server local would be far more ideal.

Thanks!

Hi OP,

I'm sure we can help you with a server within your budget.

https://www.telasera.com/dedicated-servers