jasweb

I guess it is the Mobile Networks that first want to get their logo's on the phones... that is the holdup

We are already sick of the marketing, so please just release the Vanilla ROMs! Yes I know I can install it myself, but not sure what the warranty impact will be (a friend's Galaxy Note just packed up - stock (Vodacom) standard).. Will see how long / if they can fix it (and what new "surprises" they will load if they fix it)...

jasweb

Also (bit of a rant)... Why is the article titled "SA mobile manufacturers"... are we now manufacturing mobile devices in SA? That should be great news (but unfortunately incorrect)....

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Sony did not respond ... anyone here surprised. Try writing to Sony SA ... zero response ... not even a confirmation that anything was received.

proguy

My ASUS transformer Upgraded its self to ICS at the beginning of May :)

Allin

Expert Member
I guess it is the Mobile Networks that first want to get their logo's on the phones... that is the holdup

We are already sick of the marketing, so please just release the Vanilla ROMs! Yes I know I can install it myself, but not sure what the warranty impact will be (a friend's Galaxy Note just packed up - stock (Vodacom) standard).. Will see how long / if they can fix it (and what new "surprises" they will load if they fix it)...
I did it, took me longer to download the software than to do the install. The nice thing is the red stuff disappeared after the upgrade!

Jola

Honorary Master
Sony did not respond ... anyone here surprised. Try writing to Sony SA ... zero response ... not even a confirmation that anything was received.
Sony SA has always been useless - pity, I like Sony products !

Vlad

how come android updates seem to rely on carriers whereas ios updates roll out worldwide the day they are released?

Kido

For HTC Sensation on MTN there is no FOTA for ICS i been checking for past 2 months now and zero. And i just did a check now as well and still zero update.

Jola

Honorary Master
how come android updates seem to rely on carriers whereas ios updates roll out worldwide the day they are released?
My Motorola Xoom updates just roll out automatically - but it is wifi !

Vlad

the galaxy note ics update rolled out in germany on may 10.. surely that means the software is ready and there is no valid reason for the delay in SA. Note that my definition of 'no valid reason' translates to 'none that a user should care about'. I find these power politics between manufacturers and carriers bloody annoying...

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Pffft....been running ICS on my 'unsupported' HTC Desire for ages now.