SA mom a suspect in killing of 3 children in New Zealand

TooFastTim

Expert Member
I'd like to know how she got a fire-arm so quickly. NZ, like the UK, is very strict with licences.

krycor

Honorary Master
Looks like a major depressive episode. Very tragic for all involved.

I know emigration is tough, a good percentage people get divorced too, but this is horrific.

iOL article says both parents were doctors but I’m wondering if she was stuck at home with kids initially which is a bit of a big change.

Still have to wait for more details.. murder(by someone outside family) does actually happen just rare.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I'd like to know how she got a fire-arm so quickly. NZ, like the UK, is very strict with licences.

Who said anything about firearms? There are plenty of ways of killing weak and trusting young children. Edit: Especially for a doctor...

Last edited:

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Who said anything about firearms? There are plenty of ways of killing weak and trusting young children.

Read an article where a neighbour says they heard a bang... all in all very sketchy details to make anything out of this story tbh

krycor

Honorary Master
A big move can lead to major depression, especially if one person didn't want to move :crying: Loads of my friends split because of emigrating when one didn't truly want to make the move. One ended up committing suicide in Dubai leaving her family devastated.

So not entirely a stretch.

Yup.. even a local move is rough when to an isolated city. The support system you have changes or gets removed and if it results in a drastic life change, eg not working, it is rough.

It’s kinda one of the many things wife and I have spoken about as she has moved/lived in other countries prior.. while i just moved cities in SA incl. together.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Reminds me of that family who lost their kid due to toxic fumes from their neighbours who used strong pest control chemicals in their house.

zeb

Expert Member
The article give zero hint or info on how they died or what caused it.
True, my comment was based on other forum comments. But judging by the article the police may want to look further than just the mom, if they don't already have evidence. The property involved is believed to be used as housing for staff at the hospital.

RedViking

Nord of the South
True, my comment was based on other forum comments. But judging by the article the police may want to look further than just the mom, if they don't already have evidence. The property involved is believed to be used as housing for staff at the hospital.
I am sure there is going to be a full investigation.