SA mom a suspect in killing of 3 children in New Zealand

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Mental illness literally means that your mind is not working properly. Irrational thoughts and urges, and inability to clearly envisage logical outcomes. It's hard to imagine, but I've been halfway there...

Very much this.

You start going into some very dark places, and they are entirely logical and accurate to you at the time. Been there a few times in my life and when you look back in a better mental state you can only go "WTF was I thinking, I'm smarter than that"

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The article give zero hint or info on how they died or what caused it.

News media seldom give all the (disturbing) facts which may be obvious to anyone close to the crime scene. The kids could be drowned in the bath, or injected with morphine.

It's like walking up to a crash when a drunk driver hit a tree. For legal reasons the police report will say 'allegedly lost control while under the influence'.

RedViking

Nord of the South
News media seldom give all the (disturbing) facts which may be obvious to anyone close to the crime scene. The kids could be drowned in the bath, or injected with morphine.

It's like walking up to a crash when a drunk driver hit a tree. For legal reasons the police report will say 'allegedly lost control while under the influence'.
In other words we have no idea how they died

Corelli

Expert Member
The News24 article says husband is a doctor, not sure if they are both doctors.

Both parents are doctors.

Its really sad. I would really like to know why.

I had a friend at work, she was very succesful. Then decided she will become a housewife as well her husband a big manager, and well she had 2 houses she rented out. Didnt really need money. And one day she just shot her son in the back of the head and shot herself. Why? There was no note, nothing. Why on earth? I spoke to her a week before and she couldnt be happier.

Its really sad when this happens. I would honestly like to see the guillotine or public hanging where you kill your own kids. You deserve it.

Draconia2

Expert Member
Both parents are doctors.

Its really sad. I would really like to know why.

I had a friend at work, she was very succesful. Then decided she will become a housewife as well her husband a big manager, and well she had 2 houses she rented out. Didnt really need money. And one day she just shot her son in the back of the head and shot herself. Why? There was no note, nothing. Why on earth? I spoke to her a week before and she couldnt be happier.

Its really sad when this happens. I would honestly like to see the guillotine or public hanging where you kill your own kids. You deserve it.

problem is, society has become too slapgat to sit and watch guillotines or public hangings.
Heck I would even pay for a seat at the colosseum to watch corrupt politicians and inmates battle it out, real old school style. Weapons, armor, obstacles, maybe throw the odd elephant in there too just to trample them if they get found.

Peon

Expert Member
So tragic. I can't claim to understand depression, but why not kill yourself and let your kids live.
2 people are in a room. 1 is mentally is and the other not. On the wall is a picture of a boat on the beach with men standing next to it. The mentally ill person could literally see by thinking the men hauled a corpse out the sea and are looking at it waiting for cops to arrive. Sane person sees 2 fisherman looking at the fish they caught.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Mental illness literally means that your mind is not working properly. Irrational thoughts and urges, and inability to clearly envisage logical outcomes. It's hard to imagine, but I've been halfway there...

You're underestimating yourself boet.

krycor

Honorary Master
problem is, society has become too slapgat to sit and watch guillotines or public hangings.
Heck I would even pay for a seat at the colosseum to watch corrupt politicians and inmates battle it out, real old school style. Weapons, armor, obstacles, maybe throw the odd elephant in there too just to trample them if they get found.

It’s called human rights albeit they infringe on other/s rights.

Unfortunately in a democratic society(baring the US.. who also self claim not to be that, & India as large “democracies”) capital punishment in the form of the death penalty is considered invalid so is unpaid forced labour. In addition to this there is also demands for rehabilitation, re-education and re-integration into society. All of which does not come cheap and even the life in prison is subject to meeting human right standards.

To me, to be blunt, I think once you have infringed on another’s humans rights in excess(causing death, disability, health issues, oppression especially en mass) the expectation for the state to not infringe on yours should fall away. But then that’s not very Democratic or Humane I’m told.

Edit: Missed the “not”

Last edited:

JustAsk

Expert Member
The details/particulars are rather sketchy.
It's possible that she did not do it.

Whoever did it deserves the Death Penalty.
She very possibly did it. Husband was screaming "is it really happening?" sounds like she threatened to do it before.

Anyways
The mother of three South Africa children, who were found dead in their New Zealand home, has been arrested.

Lauren Dickason, 40, has been charged with murder. She is expected to appear in the Timaru District Court on Saturday morning.

"Police would like to reassure the community that this was a tragic isolated incident and we are not seeking anyone else

She probably making it harder now for new SA expats to be trusted over there. People are very passionate when it come to their children.

Milano

Honorary Master

Speaking to TimesLIVE on Friday morning, Sibanyoni, who worked for the Dickason family as their children’s caregiver for three years at their Pretoria home, said they were a humble family.

“I never saw any fight in that family or anything. We treated each other as family. I was family too. There was nothing wrong,” she said.