SA mom a suspect in killing of 3 children in New Zealand

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I would not say this is an appropriate circumstance for the death penalty, there have already been 3 victims here, don't make any more..
That's generally how the death penalty works.

buka001

Honorary Master
Tragedy is the bitter lesson that we inevitably have to learn from.

This is second order thinking, so it is a little beyond what I expect some government official acting under orders from a totalitarian monster to be capable of doing:
One simple question could have likely prevented this: "why do we not have quarantine facility for anyone who immigrates to the country."

This is called Chesterton's fence:

The fence in this example is the lack of cr@p that otherwise healthy people, who have been tested negative and likely to have been vaccinated have to deal with when moving.
https://www.miq.govt.nz/travel-to-n...ional-arrival-procedures-at-auckland-airport/
Jesus.

A father mourns the loss of his kids, to the hands of his wife.

Nobody knows the reasons why.

But, here you are, making up what you think the reasons are, because you can shoe horn in your ideological beliefs and do some quasi justification for it.

Take a break. Leave this father alone. Have some respect.

Rather go find some woke idiot, to beat your ideological chest at, about transgenderism or something and scream at him in primordial screeches to coax your ego instead.

superlekkerza

This is sadly very true.

My dad's best friend emigrated to the UK with his wife (she's British) and he is not coping very well. He is in his 50s and has twice phoned my dad in tears because he misses his friends and family.

I believe it has also been proven that South Africans struggle in colder countries because of the lack of sun and that can affect your mental health as well.

That's where Vitamin D pills come in

Gozado

But does the law work that way? Is this what the dad would have wanted? She killed 3 children.
My guess is that that dad very likely needs - more than anything - some sleep. Probably not easy to get, right now. And, yes, compassion.

As to how the law works: in New Zealand the death penalty for murder was abolished in 1961.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
We are chemical & electrical beings operating in a narrow temperature range chemically in ballance.
If somebody received treatment I would look at that 1st, because normally one would not do extra ordinary drastic things if chemically in ballance.
We accept diagnostics and drugs far too easy, in the end everybody will have a phycological condition and be treated and in the far end the race will not be able to cope with anything posing a slight difficulty, those signs are already showing. The other thing with drugs on a regular basis is it may make the person forget his routine, then maybe take more pills that should be in 24 hours etc..
I know of one person who was despressed over a long period(but stayed alive), he was convinced to go for treatment, and a month later commit suicide, no body expected that, of course there were silence in this regard.

Gozado

Speaking to TimesLIVE on Friday morning, Sibanyoni, who worked for the Dickason family as their children’s caregiver for three years at their Pretoria home, said they were a humble family.

“I never saw any fight in that family or anything. We treated each other as family. I was family too. There was nothing wrong,” she said.
Maria Mandy Sibanyoni must be devastated. She'd have cared for the twins since birth, and had already had to bid them all good-bye when they left to NZ. I feel for her, after a farewell, and now this.

The_MAC

Executive Member
But does the law work that way? Is this what the dad would have wanted? She killed 3 children.
F the law. What the dad wants and needs are not the same thing. Yes she did, and that is the terrible tragedy we are discussing.

For one second, try to imagine the anguish

TooFastTim

Expert Member
Really, will you listen to yourselves? Law..father..carer..chemical and electrical beings...All of you experts!

FFS. Have you been there? Have you moved your family half way across the world for the promise of a better life only to be met by indifference and "welcome to NZ" at immigration and that's all? No streaming banners in Queen Street. Just an ok and a get on with it. If you haven't please shut up.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Have you moved your family half way across the world for the promise of a better life only to be met by indifference and "welcome to NZ" at immigration and that's all? No streaming banners in Queen Street. Just an ok and a get on with it. If you haven't please shut up.
Why would there be streaming banners? It's not exactly an achievement.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
My guess is that that dad very likely needs - more than anything - some sleep. Probably not easy to get, right now. And, yes, compassion.

As to how the law works: in New Zealand the death penalty for murder was abolished in 1961.
I wasn't referring specifically to NZL. I was pointing out a flaw in the poster's argument.

wheeloftrash

Executive Member
Really, will you listen to yourselves? Law..father..carer..chemical and electrical beings...All of you experts!

FFS. Have you been there? Have you moved your family half way across the world for the promise of a better life only to be met by indifference and "welcome to NZ" at immigration and that's all? No streaming banners in Queen Street. Just an ok and a get on with it. If you haven't please shut up.
When unrealistic expectations are introduced to reality, it's likely to cause psychological stress.

Nobody knows everything that happens behind closed doors or everything about the state of a marriage or relationship. The move may have just delayed the inevitable.
It's sad that those girls died. I hate reading about parents harming their kids.

Last edited: