SA: No to Zuma for president

LabAnimal

Expert Member
lets hope it stays that way - who wants him as president anyway!.

JStrike

Honorary Master
I wonder what the rural/urban breakdown of SA's voting populace is

twiga

What's wrong with having him as president? He hasn't been convicted of anything that I'm aware of.

-twiga

Vio

Expert Member
twiga said:
What's wrong with having him as president? He hasn't been convicted of anything that I'm aware of.

-twiga
Yea it seems you need to goto jail first before you can become a president in this country.

Seriously do you want a man that stood acused of rape(Aquited but I still have my doubts) and corruption where his right hand man went to jail already to run this country?

Ofcourse the dumb poor sh!ts will have him anyways regardless of this because he's some sort of "strugle" leader or some nonsense like that.

The bottom line is pick someone with the cleanest record, best ethical nature and that has the best brains for the job.

If Zuma is the best the ANC can come up with then that is realy sad for our country.

I'd say pick Trevor but I want him to stay with my taxes :D

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Jstrike:

Further analysis shows that the majority of Zuma’s supporters are urban black men. Of the 27% of respondents who thought he should be president, 54% were black, 29% male and 60% from Soweto. Support for Zuma was greater in KwaZulu-Natal but not significantly so.

Those in Bloemfontein and Cape Town came out most strongly against him heading the country, as did higher-income groups.

More men (59%) than women (39%) agreed with the outcome of the trial.

Of those respondents who accepted Zuma’s apology, 54% earn less than R10000 a month and 41% earn more than this.

Whites, Sowetans and respondents in the top income group of R20000 a month were most negative about the ANC since the trial.
This is very good for the country although at the end of the day it ends with Mbeki.

Gunny

Expert Member
twiga said:

-twiga
Yes he hasnt been convicted but he did have unprotected sex with a woman half his age and HIV possitive having a shower after to minimise the risk of contracting it himself....

Is this the kind of person you want as President of this country setting an example for your kids to follow.

The little bit of HIV education the country has been getting keeps getting undermined by the govenment and those linked to it.

No I dnt want to see this man as President

Vio

Expert Member
Gunny said:
Yes he hasnt been convicted but he did have unprotected sex with a woman half his age and HIV possitive having a shower after to minimise the risk of contracting it himself....

Is this the kind of person you want as President of this country setting an example for your kids to follow.

The little bit of HIV education the country has been getting keeps getting undermined by the govenment and those linked to it.

No I dnt want to see this man as President
You forgot the out of marriage part.

kingmonty

Expert Member
the problem with this pole is it doesn't actually seem to include the majority of the population, whi we can possibly assume to be Zuma supporters.

nocilah

Banned
phew... i would hate to have a man who believes thattaking a shower resolves the whole HIV thing... I mean our country is plauged by aids and even though Zuma was found to be innocent, he certianly is not innocent of being a role model for supporters or south africa in general.

i would rather have Tibby Dude as president before Zuma.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
halicon said:
i would rather have Tibby Dude as president before Zuma.
You would not want that ... trust me you would want Zuma rather :).
Stalin and Mugabe would be like the "Dai Lama" compared to what I would do once I get into power :)

Vio

Expert Member
tibby.dude said:
Stalin and Mugabe would be like the "Dai Lama" compared to what I would do once I get into power :)
So what would you do? ;)

tibby.dude

Executive Member
Vio said:
So what would you do? ;)
I once played a political simulation game dealing with a fictional South American country who just elected me the new president after a popular uprising from the people.

In the game you have several different advisors giving you choices and also left and rightwing parties and your goal was survive long in office while dealing with various economic, political, social problems presented to you by the game.

In the end I gave carte blanche to rightwing deathsquads operating against my leftist opponents and eventually called out the army to violently crush a workers strike :).

I think I just have too much of a mean streak in me to be trusted with such an awesome responsibility ;).

tibby.dude

Executive Member
I am busy playing NationStates ... a bit more successfull than the last simulation.

Here is a issue the game asked me about today
A small religious group is lobbying the government to allow them to take multiple wives.
The Debate

1. "It's about time we had our religious rights recognized," says Hack Wong, a devout member of a faith that is never made quite clear. "Who is the government to tell me I can't love more than one woman? The government doesn't know how much of me there is to go around!"
[Accept]

2. "This is nothing more than sexual deviants using religion as a pretext for perversion!" says Reverend Jazz Love. "Marriage is one man, one woman, and death do we part. What's so hard to get? Anything else is a perversion, and must be banned."
[Accept]

3. "Multiple wives? Excellent!" says passer-by Melbourne Fellow. "Presumably we will allow multiple husbands, as well. And gay marriages, of course. In fact, now is probably the time for the government to butt out of marriage altogether. Let people marry their cats, if they want."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

The Government Position

The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 3.
Your choices determines your standing

Casa Del Blanca is my fictional country ("Inoffensive Centrist Democracy").

The People's Republic of Casa Del Blanca is a huge, devout nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 693 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Commerce, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 58%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining industries.

The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and bizarre-looking creatures called 'springbokdogs' dominate wildlife preserves. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Casa Del Blanca's national animal is the springbok and its currency is the rand.

Casa Del Blanca is ranked 2867th in the region and 50,716th in the world for Most Politically Free Nations.

craigsa

Executive Member
Tibbs when i become pres. you are gonna be my minister in charge of safety and security. ;)

tibby.dude said:
I once played a political simulation game dealing with a fictional South American country who just elected me the new president after a popular uprising from the people.

In the game you have several different advisors giving you choices and also left and rightwing parties and your goal was survive long in office while dealing with various economic, political, social problems presented to you by the game.

In the end I gave carte blanche to rightwing deathsquads operating against my leftist opponents and eventually called out the army to violently crush a workers strike :).

I think I just have too much of a mean streak in me to be trusted with such an awesome responsibility ;).

nocilah

Banned
tibby.dude said:
well you have certainly displayed more intelligence on these forums then Mr Zuma. Albiet i might argue and harrass you about some of your ideas and concepts... it doesnt change the fact that you know more then Mr Zuma.

craigsa

Executive Member
If Zuma becomes pres. which i doubt, i think the people who were against him will be taught a biiig lesson.