SA Police Special Task Force humiliated at Dubai event

SeRpEnT

Expert Member

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Queue tenders into delivering more gear to them.

It's a travesty though. These guys go through extreme selection and volunteer their lives for the country. They deserve to get the best training and gear.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
When asked about the audit, Naidoo insisted this was simply “another audit” that happened in the SAPS all the time.
So then there will be no improvement post-audit.

Naidoo said the audit was in order to find solutions to possible problems, “not to say that there is a problem in the first place”.
Living in the Nile.

skimread

Executive Member
https://swat.dubaipolice.gov.ae/swat/home/results

Final standings: 44th (43th was a Rwanda team to give you perspective)out of 49 teams

Day 1 Tactical Event - Not listed so not sure what happened there.
Day 2 Assault Event 47th
Day 3 Officer Rescue 45th
Day 4 Tower Event 28th
Day 5 Obstacle Course 32th

From the above it seems like they sent a team with a focus on fitness but finished almost last in all the 3 tactical events.

Naidoo said this was the first time that the STF had taken part in such a competition, and he was not concerned about the overall functionality of the elite force.

He likened the outcome of the competition to Manchester United losing to an unknown football team.
Does he know there were 5 events? So Manchester United would finish the league last playing a bunch of mostly unknown much less funded football teams.

Just because you get a lot of funding doesn't mean you are the best.

Pitbull

Verboten
I think the difference between first and last place is probably extremely small.

Anyone of those Special forces that can boast with a zero hostage lost record?

xeslaro

Executive Member
I think the difference between first and last place is probably extremely small.

Anyone of those Special forces that can boast with a zero hostage lost record?
To me, the outcome of this exercise is as useful as saying the best pilots in the world should also be the best at playing Flight Simulator 2018. If they're not, they're kak pilots.

Edit: it's pointless to me.