SA Post Office’s new rates

garyc

Expert Member
With these price increases they must think that people are now valuing their services a lot more.

Hectic

Executive Member
And this for a service that is actually a non-service for large parts of the year.
We are lucky if post are delivered once a month.

grok

Honorary Master
Ah the Eskom model, charge more because you produced less. TIA Viva!

rorz0r

Executive Member
Are they still on strike? Still waiting for an intl parcel which unfortunately this place shipped via USPS.

bekdik

Honorary Master
Due to the lack of performance, I've stopped using SAPO, even though it costs more. When I use physical delivery, it's of paramount importance that I can rely on the service.

Jola

Honorary Master
Nowadays I get my eBay stuff delivered to the USA from China, and then couriered here.

Also avoiding eBay if I can, and buying stuff from Amazon USA, also going to shipper.

Still waiting for stuff from the Post Office from July 2014 (before I started shipping to the USA).

No longer using SA Post Office.

Hitchcock

Banned
**** you SAPO!

Pay more for mail not being delivered, packages sitting at your warehouses for months, strikes twice a year, normal service delivery for less than a month a year?!

You gotta be crazy!

Thank God for private couriers! I spent in excess of R20k+ this year on private couriers, but at least I got my products, packages and important documents in due time. R20k+ well spent in my books!

I do not need you any more. I know many companies in SA no longer use you!

Rising your prices is not the answer to your money problems!

agel

WRT Couriers, do they all bypass SAPO when the packages get to the 'port?

Disclaimer: I don't get things shipped often so don't really know haha - need to get a laptop key shipped asap from the States*

*Unless someone has an old Acer 5750 (AC-29 KB) they want to get rid of? Or just the Up Arrow? ^_^

Last edited:

Hitchcock

Banned
WRT Couriers, do they all bypass SAPO when the packages get to the 'port?
Yes, I think they do.

I have seen with all my packages, as they come into the country, they go to customs and every single one has been released within the hour and handed to the courier company who then took it to their own location.

I doubt they work through SAPO in any means or manner.