SA Post Office – The truth behind its massive backlog and delivery delays

Londo

The tough solution to your International parcels not arriving is not to buy anything overseas that you cannot justify paying a courier to bring in. I took that decision years ago. Too much energy and money wasted waiting for stuff that never arrives.
That's not realistic, I order a lot of stuff from eBay and AliExpress that costs +/- USD5 to USD10.

You can't bring that in with a courier, and a lot of the stuff is not available locally.
^ This on common spares. Or spend R1500 to R2500 on a new one, add the same amount for shipping, pass the costs on - and everybody says you're cheating them.
Yes, my suggestion is not always feasible. I sympathize with anyone in this situation, especially those trying to run a business.

Krayfish

Typical speed at the moment...

Arrived in SA on 11 September, and they are busy processing it now only on 18 November, 2 months later.

That means it still is at JIMC, needs to pass customs and still get to my PO which is Cape Town, that is usually 40 days.

The suppliers start harassing you 90 days in, because that means effectively if you did pay insurance, that they must pay you back.

We are going to land up again where we sat with Amazon - international shippers will simply refuse delivery to South Africa. Luckily we have DHL and the likes to fix some of SAPO's garbage, but more often than not suppliers don't have that option, take Fasttech and Gearbest as example.

SAPO / Mark Barnes is more interested in getting the international bankers license, they said specifically it will be for getting the Gupta money rolling again since the big 5 closed their accounts. So much for Mark's promises - "there is no need for a courier company in South Africa, SAPO has the resources to fulfil all needs." His words, not mine.

I imagine a blind Roman, somewhere 400 BC or something, delivering a package, riding a horse with 2 broken legs. And still doing it faster.

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 14.47.50.jpeg

eg2505

Honorary Master
was driving behind a postal quantum earlier today, was driving so slowly, and then I saw why,

guy was picking up and dropping off people with his van! using his van as a taxi.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Just to prove my point, below is the email sent to Post Office

Thanks for your response or should I say TOTAL LACK OF RESPONSE Mr Barnes!!!1542648921422.png

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yes, but those don't work, the whole idea is to get something that works.

Maybe we need to follow the Chinese system, where you get executed for corruption.

But what will we do with all the bodies ?
Burn them to speed up global warming

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
was driving behind a postal quantum earlier today, was driving so slowly, and then I saw why,

guy was picking up and dropping off people with his van! using his van as a taxi.
So take his details and report him. That is what you should be doing

eg2505

Honorary Master
So take his details and report him. That is what you should be doing
as if they will do something? you forgot what organization we referring to, where letters go into a giant black hole?

Jola

Honorary Master
Just received a letter that was mailed 5 months ago from Ireland.

Pretty sure that it was in SA in less than a week.

The SA Post Office is completely dysfunctional.

PAPA-NTSAKO

What steps will ICASA take to force SAPO to meet the requirements ?
Privatise the SAPO , sell it to highest bidder, get rid of deadwood and run it like a business.
I am going to nominate the cANCer for the Nobel prize for Science and Art. Anything they touch turns into ****.
Lol cANCer??? hahahahahahah

RaptorSA

Expert Member

eg2505

Honorary Master
backlog cleared? what a joke, just to get people off their backs.

just like the load shedding schedules that are a joke.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Well our post box is so full that I got a SMS to ask me to empty it so they shove more in even though we cleared it yesterday.

isie

Honorary Master
SA Post Office says it has cleared its backlog
https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/288048/sa-post-office-says-it-has-cleared-its-backlog/

Was F5-ing the post office site this morning when the "backlog cleared" image came up.
Suuuure, backlog cleared apparently but still waiting for something I ordered 5 months ago. The Track and trace feature is also still useless. Works every other day.

I'm so g@tvol of this f***ing sh**ole.
backlog cleared? what a joke, just to get people off their backs.

just like the load shedding schedules that are a joke.
depends what date do they consider the backlog ends at?
to most of us that would mean up to and including today - to them could be March :(