SA Post Office International Delivery Times

jhart

Hi all,

I have ordered some items from the USA. All three parcels were sent with USPS between 13,& 15 October 2020.

Two of the parcels arrived in SA on 31 October 2020, but there has been no updates on the tracking information ever since.

Has anyone here ordered something post lockdown to tell me how long I can expect to wait before I can collect it from my Post Office branch?

I have contacted the post office directly, but they could not provide me with more information than I already have available with 17Track.

Thanks.

B-1

Expert Member
Even before 2020 it took 2 months or more once it arrived at the SA customs side. So you will have to be patient.

soload00

I received a shipment from Aliexpress last week, delivered to Glenashley Post Office.

Placed the order in August, so yes, it can take 3 months from China.

jhart

It wasn't my decision to use the Post Office. I ordered it from Amazon, but never noticed that these items were NOT fulfilled by Amazon.

I should have paid better attention, but now it is what it is. I just hope that it arrives eventually.

When it's fulfilled by Amazon they send it with Aramex or DHL Express which works very well based on my past experience.

johnjm

Expert Member
It wasn't my decision to use the Post Office. I ordered it from Amazon, but never noticed that these items were NOT fulfilled by Amazon.

I should have paid better attention, but now it is what it is. I just hope that it arrives eventually.

When it's fulfilled by Amazon they send it with Aramex or DHL Express which works very well based on my past experience.

Surely the lack of customs and low shipping was a red flag?

Good luck, could be up to 6 months.

retromodcoza

I have several outstanding postal items from 4-6 months which haven't been delivered. I'm 100% sure they will be delivered. I'm also 100% sure that the post office will that whenever they feel like it.

adielk

Executive Member
Hi all,

I have ordered some items from the USA. All three parcels were sent with USPS between 13,& 15 October 2020.

Two of the parcels arrived in SA on 31 October 2020, but there has been no updates on the tracking information ever since.

Has anyone here ordered something post lockdown to tell me how long I can expect to wait before I can collect it from my Post Office branch?

I have contacted the post office directly, but they could not provide me with more information than I already have available with 17Track.

Thanks.
Mine arrived in SA 4 Sept and only yesterday at my PO.

xodosman123

Expert Member
What happens is that when it arrives it gets a local Tracking number the other is not used. Try get hold of the local tracking number. I did find out before i went to the post office and they looked on the sytem and it gave the local tracking number.

jhart

Surely the lack of customs and low shipping was a red flag?

Good luck, could be up to 6 months.
I ordered multiple items. I therefore saw shipping and import costs. Amazon only shows a combined total for shipping and import costs respectively. I should have seen that it was not fulfilled by Amazon. Again, that's not what my question was about. I realised it was my mistake. Hindsight is 20/20 vision.

jhart

What happens is that when it arrives it gets a local Tracking number the other is not used. Try get hold of the local tracking number. I did find out before i went to the post office and they looked on the sytem and it gave the local tracking number.
I have contacted the Post Office. There is no update on their side yet, since it hasn't been processed yet. I see my parcels in my mind's eye in a container underneath thousands of other parcels waiting to be processed.

I came here to find out how long I should expect to wait based on the users' past experiences.

johnjm

Expert Member
I have contacted the Post Office. There is no update on their side yet, since it hasn't been processed yet. I see my parcels in my mind's eye in a container underneath thousands of other parcels waiting to be processed.

I came here to find out how long I should expect to wait based on the users' past experiences.

The last 3 packages took 7 months. I’m still waiting for something ordered from May.

Jola

Honorary Master
I receive a packet that was sent in February at the beginning of November,

Basically about 3 to 6 months after it arrives in South Africa (typically 1 to 2 weeks after shipment).

Sparkz0629

Expert Member
I ordered from AliExpress early October and received it last week. 7 weeks. Not bad. But very "luck-of-the-draw"...

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Hi all,

Thanks.

You'll be lucky. My parcel sent by USPS arrived in Johannesburg last Christmas eve. Since then, no updates, no responsibility and no parcel.