SA Post Office lawsuit could be a disaster for South Africa

Gemsbok

To me the SAPO died a long time ago and I will NEVER use them. It is my choice as a consumer how I want to receive my parcel.
The Post Office is useless, never sure when they are going on strike again.
NO THANK YOU...

jetlee

This is all just commie bull.

The government cant enforce that you use a company that cannot deliver a service, for a fee that cannot be controlled by competition, for a service that is essential ... oh wait .. Eskom ...

boboudts

You can't even boil water, let alone serve up a palatable meal, SAPO....GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN FFS...and stop being a commie controlling dog in the manger !

system32

Expert Member
Thank goodness SANRAL used SAPO, never got one etoll bill.
Imagine if they used Postnet...
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

ponder

Honorary Master
I'll read it, or I'll just wait for someone else to read it rather for me and do something about it. It's the way.

However. If we don't use sapo, and there is no reason we should be using it, nor any other reason that by now we could have done something about it.

Last edited:

Beverly Karam

There is an ongoing battle between the SA Post Office (SAPO) and courier companies in South Africa, which could prove disastrous for local businesses.

The Post Office wants to prevent private courier companies from delivering any packages under 1kg, and its efforts have been backed up by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA).

There is an ongoing battle between the SA Post Office (SAPO) and courier companies in South Africa, which could prove disastrous for local businesses.

The Post Office wants to prevent private courier companies from delivering any packages under 1kg, and its efforts have been backed up by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA).
Oh my goodness, the Post Office is the WORST RUN SERVICE IN SOUTH AFRICA. My parcel from the US was cleared from customs on the 3rd of March and by the 26th March(Lockdown) they could still not find my parcel. Jim Fouche says it's at Wits, Wits says it's at Jim Fouche.... oh and remember the hour and 17 mins you hold on and keep phoning before someone answers and cuts you off, that's if they answer at all. Forget about it. A courier company of MY choice will handle my deliveries!!!!!!!!

Beverly Karam

Oh my goodness, the Post Office is the WORST RUN SERVICE IN SOUTH AFRICA. My parcel from the US was cleared from customs on the 3rd of March and by the 26th March(Lockdown) they could still not find my parcel. Jim Fouche says it's at Wits, Wits says it's at Jim Fouche.... oh and remember the hour and 17 mins you hold on and keep phoning before someone answers and cuts you off, that's if they answer at all. Forget about it. A courier company of MY choice will handle my deliveries!!!!!!!!

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
You actually have a number you can call them on?

My parcel from Korea, shows it has been at Jim Fouche since 12/02/20, not moved.

Leisure Larry

Unfortunately the clown mentality that governs this country will accept this in favor of the SA Post Office.

Just add rice or salt or weed to add weight and use a courier of your choice.

Ragel

I have lost far too many gifts that I have sent to family and never found. One was found and returned more than 6 months after it was sent and some of the items in the parcel was stolen. No thanks I will NEVER use the SA Post office again. They will never be able to prove that honesty prevails there. Give me Postnet any day parcels get where intended and on time