SA Post Office parcel scam warning

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
SA Post Office parcel scam warning

The SA Post Office has issued a warning about a scam where fraudsters convince people to pay money into a fraudulent account for a package.

The email states that a parcel addressed to the person is being retained because customs fees on it are outstanding.

The notice entices them to click on a link which leads them to a website where they can make a payment to release the fictitious parcel.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I thought this would be a story about the South African post office pretending they quickly and efficiently process and transport parcels.

RaptorSA

Executive Member
So knowing you don't actually have a parcel with that tracking number you still go ahead and see what you can score...
Lekker stupid.

geezer

Expert Member
I think that would indicate some sort of insider information. Surely anyone should know if there's a parcel on it's way, therefore someone from the Post Office divulged e-mail addresses of intended recipients? I have not received any parcel via the PO in many years, so I do not know how their process works.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
See what happens when Cubans start working in the sorting rooms.

But who in their right mind would send a parcel via the Post Office???

Norrad

Expert Member
I had a shock yesterday when I got an SMS saying that three of my Wish parcels were waiting at the local Post Office for collection. After almost 50% of my parcels going missing last year. I thought it was a scam for a second because of the all CAPS and bad spelling in the SMS :ROFL:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Who the hell would ever EFT money or do an electronic payment to the Post Office anyway?

Thats likely to take 6 months to get allocated to the right "parcel" even if it was legit.

Ashez7

Ordered from wish now il be expecting my parcel a year from now.

grok

Honorary Master
Should've known it was a scam when the post office claim to even know where your package is..

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I think that would indicate some sort of insider information. Surely anyone should know if there's a parcel on it's way, therefore someone from the Post Office divulged e-mail addresses of intended recipients? I have not received any parcel via the PO in many years, so I do not know how their process works.

No, I bet you people actually pay even if they didn't expect a parcel.

x32

I had a shock yesterday when I got an SMS saying that three of my Wish parcels were waiting at the local Post Office for collection. After almost 50% of my parcels going missing last year. I thought it was a scam for a second because of the all CAPS and bad spelling in the SMS :ROFL:
Out if interest, when did you place your order?

I ordered something at the start of February and am still waiting.

Norrad

Expert Member
Out if interest, when did you place your order?

I ordered something at the start of February and am still waiting.
They were ordered on different dates. The first was on the 12th of March, the second on the 2nd of April and the last one on the 23rd of April. Either they all arrived at the same time or the post office just decided they were running out of space and sent me the message to pick them all up.

Reactions: x32

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Randomly saw a SAPO truck on the road today, even just driving around they fsck shyte up... thing was doing 60 on the damn freeway and completely screwing up the traffic.