SA Post Office warns of delayed mail caused by coronavirus

Jola

Honorary Master
I found that the stuff arrives in SA about 2-4 weeks after order, and then takes another 2-4 months before delivery.

So anything ordered before end Dec should already be in the country, but may take another few months to arrive.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
By the time it gets to you the virus would have died anyway... it can only survive outside a human host for like a week or something of that sort.

Best way to make sure that your parcel is clear of the virus is to give it to SAPO, they'll throw it in the pile for so long that the virus will give up and just die anyway.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
I found that the stuff arrives in SA about 2-4 weeks after order, and then takes another 2-4 months before delivery.

So anything ordered before end Dec should already be in the country, but may take another few months to arrive.

Correct

Qrox

Expert Member
I was actually surprised when I ordered prescription lenses for a VR headset from Germany that had to go through the post office for delivery. Ordered them at the end of November and actually got them within 4 weeks. Expected it to take closer to 2 - 3 months.

HelterSkelter

Expert Member
My AliExpress parcel arrived at JIMC on 19 Jan and was ready for pickup on 27 Jan at local PO.

Milano

Honorary Master
Congrats SAPO on finally finding a feasible excuse. Even with coronavirus the Chinese are still likely to get the parcel across China and then across the world in less time than it sits with SAPO.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
put it under business rescue and throw an additional couple of billion rands down the shitter, the new recipe for saving failed SOEs

ProfA

Honorary Master
Fcking scumbags just this month "lost" the brand new router I ordered from Aliexpress. Cnts.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
More to do with China being at a virtual standstill atm and not an actual risk from mail.
Yep...Chinese New Year is the big issue. Ends today I think, but there will be huge backlog.

And I'm literally ordering containers of stuff as we speak...