SA ready to help Zimbabwe face economic crisis

pupa

Banned
BTTB said:
And where are all the white Zimbabwean Farmers now?
Here is one place in Nigeria called the Kwara Project.

Sien die baas kan nog alles laat werk al is hy nie die baas van die land nie maar wel die baas van die plaas. Thats what ZIM and South Africa fail to realise! Its all about power and hate!

Even Zimbabwe went to look there how its done, Shame, Wonder what happened to those that went to Mozambique

icyrus

Executive Member
sludge said:
There are however other means of action. Why are we not criticising mugabe in the media?

Correct me if I am wrong, but has any high ranking ANC member critisized mugabe, ever?

BTTB

Executive Member
pupa said:
Even Zimbabwe went to look there how its done, Shame, Wonder what happened to those that went to Mozambique

I heard that Mozambique had their first Tobacco Auction not so long ago. ;)

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
BTTB said:
I heard that Mozambique had their first Tobacco Auction not so long ago. ;)

Yip it was on the news a while ago. Feels like every other african country except zimbabwe is moving forward while we are not really moving.

Vio

Expert Member
Zimbabwe's path to recovery is clear 1) Mugabe must step down or be unseated 2) Property rights need to be restored 3) banks must return 4) rule of law must return.

Simple as that.

nocilah

Banned
DigitalSoldier said:
Whats the chance of any bank or any other company investing in zimbabwe again ?

i think if mugabe is ousted... and certain things happen... like land restoration and a general feeling that the 'new' goverment has less stupid bones in it the chances are good.

Zimbabwe has got agricultural potential which could benefit our country.

pupa

Banned
halicon said:
i think if mugabe is ousted... and certain things happen... like land restoration and a general feeling that the 'new' goverment has less stupid bones in it the chances are good.

Zimbabwe has got agricultural potential which could benefit our country.

All they should do is place him in a Zoo for observation, as he must be the long sought after missing link! A pile of stones for observers will be welcome!

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
ROFL! pupa

halicon that will take a long time even if mugabe reveals himself as a real monkey and needs to step down. Look how long it took south africa to get a big company like barclays to invest in absa. And our situation wasnt even as bad as zimbabwe

nocilah

Banned
DigitalSoldier said:
ROFL! pupa

halicon that will take a long time even if mugabe reveals himself as a real monkey and needs to step down. Look how long it took south africa to get a big company like barclays to invest in absa. And our situation wasnt even as bad as zimbabwe

well i think the first banks to go in would have to be our own local banks.

pupa

Banned
I do not blame Mugabe for not wanting to live in a squatter camp, Harare, what the sod forgets the whole of ZIM is now a squatter camp!

ignacio

Banned
Angelo said:
Helping Zim is the way to go, for our own stability as well.
"Quiet" or no diplomacy has not helped Zim at all - it has descended into near anarchy and financial ruin while the SA gov stood by. There is no point coddling these dictators: SA should have taken a firm stand against dictatorship and for democracy - and backed that up with sanctions or other penalties. Mugabe is to blame here - but SA is also: while the rest of the world spoke out against Mugabe and sanctioned Zim, SA did f@ck all.

You know what enables stability? A healthy and thriving democracy.

icyrus

Executive Member
Angelo said:
Helping Zim is the way to go, for our own stability as well.

My worry is how our government intends to "help" zim. If by help they mean giving them handouts then I'm very much against it.

Angelo

Expert Member
ignacio said:
"Quiet" or no diplomacy has not helped Zim at all - it has descended into near anarchy and financial ruin while the SA gov stood by. There is no point coddling these dictators: SA should have taken a firm stand against dictatorship and for democracy - and backed that up with sanctions or other penalties. Mugabe is to blame here - but SA is also: while the rest of the world spoke out against Mugabe and sanctioned Zim, SA did f@ck all.

You know what enables stability? A healthy and thriving democracy.
Sanctions hurt the ordinary people more than the leaders, the ones imposed so far have hardly made a positive difference.

ignacio

Banned
Angelo said:
Sanctions hurt the ordinary people more than the leaders, the ones imposed so far have hardly made a positive difference.
This is a myth in this case - you don't think turning off power (Eskom supplies), stopping product shipment into or out of Zimbabwe would have a devastating effect on the government? The people would rise against it! You can hardly say lack of sanctions has NOT hurt the people! The country is in as bad a state as it possibly could be - even civil war might be better (at least then there would be a hope for a regime change). So instead of SA forcing the issue with something like sanctions, Mugabe gets to spend years running the economy into the ground, instigating a white genocide, crushing/killing/imprisoning his opposition and, yes, seriously "hurting ordinary people". I think the "ordinary people" would welcome sanctions over Mugabe's fascist & destructive megalomania

Angelo

Expert Member
ignacio said:
I think the "ordinary people" would welcome sanctions over Mugabe's fascist & destructive megalomania
My point is, the sanctions are already there, who are they hurting, Mugabe or the people?

ignacio

Banned
Angelo said:
My point is, the sanctions are already there, who are they hurting, Mugabe or the people?
They are not there from the SA side, Zimbabwe's most important trading partner. In fact, if anything, we are propping up a miserable failure of a regime by continuing to give them the capital needed to continue Mugabe's self-destructive agenda.

pupa

Banned
ignacio said:
This is a myth in this case - you don't think turning off power (Eskom supplies), stopping product shipment into or out of Zimbabwe would have a devastating effect on the government? The people would rise against it! You can hardly say lack of sanctions has NOT hurt the people! The country is in as bad a state as it possibly could be - even civil war might be better (at least then there would be a hope for a regime change). So instead of SA forcing the issue with something like sanctions, Mugabe gets to spend years running the economy into the ground, instigating a white genocide, crushing/killing/imprisoning his opposition and, yes, seriously "hurting ordinary people". I think the "ordinary people" would welcome sanctions over Mugabe's fascist & destructive megalomania
They voted for him deserve what they get, the fact is, holding another election will put him back in power!