SA ready to help Zimbabwe face economic crisis

Angelo

Expert Member
pupa said:
After 12 years you still sing the ANC activist song after 40 You will still do it, hopefully the rest of south Africa wont be that stupid anymore by then! BTW look at your sig and understand what I said, if you have the logic to do so. Prom was right, your logic defy's everything!
If you think it's stupidity that after 12 years the country has not recovered then you need to sail into the sea to look for greener pastures.

eye_suc

Expert Member
ignacio said:
Pupa: have you heard the statement that "empty vessels make the most noise"?

It seems that in all threads, you are the loudest.
statement? or expression?

errr, sorry off the point... ignacio, i detect some hostility... if you have personal problems maybe sort them out offline, or ask for help here. i will be your friend :)

maybe we can start a racist forum someplace for you people to play in? i'm sure we can get that sorted real quick.

ignacio

Banned
eye_suc said:

errr, sorry off the point... ignacio, i detect some hostility... if you have personal problems maybe sort them out offline, or ask for help here. i will be your friend :)

maybe we can start a racist forum someplace for you people to play in? i'm sure we can get that sorted real quick.
I would feel quite out of place in a racist forum - but I am sure you could have ajak, pupa and others join your forum, if that is what floats your boat.

ignacio

Banned
pupa said:
And yours are the empty useless part of the vessels, the stupidity of your logic is really to much. As soon as you cannot posts facts or prove statements like in your other threads you become a facist yourself!
If you mean by fascist, that I have a very low tolerance threshold for ignorant, incoherent, illogical or racist positions or people - I would tend to agree with you.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
pupa said:
And yours are the empty useless part of the vessels, the stupidity of your logic is really to much. As soon as you cannot posts facts or prove statements like in your other threads you become a facist yourself!
And you claimed your fireplace reaches 1500 degrees celcius is proven fact because you said so ;)
Ignacio said that we need black people to be educated and I agree with him. In fact we need ALL our people to be educated. If not then we end up with an educated minority oppressing an uneducated majority making the situation no different from apartheid. Although by the looks of it that seems like exactly what you want.

Angelo

Expert Member
eye_suc said:

eye_suc your attempt to act impartial and mature in this forum has failed miserably.

eye_suc

Expert Member
yes, that would be dandy ignacio :) whatever it takes to prevent more self-righteous posts from being posted.

yay for common sense!

eye_suc

Expert Member
Angelo said:
eye_suc your attempt to act impartial and mature in this forum has failed miserably.
then i must apologise profusely sir :) but your lack of tact and general lack of respect is quite uncalled for as well

so, in the news section, anything goes?

ajak

Expert Member
I think we should help zim “van die wal, tot in die sloot” Those okes are really suffering, cant we help old bob destroy the country faster, it seems he has run out of ideas. :D :D

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
eye_suc said:
then i must apologise profusely sir :) but your lack of tact and general lack of respect is quite uncalled for as well

so, in the news section, anything goes?

Sorry to say this but its true angelo u are a racist towards every1 that dont agree with ur views or u will start to atack them. But I guess that is the norm if you are part of the anc dont agree with us we lable u a racist. And remember angelo vote anc to fight poverty :p

Isnt that the same motto the anc have been using since 1994 and still every election its the same thing "vote for a better government" "vote anc fight poverty" and still no change

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
ajak said:
I think we should help zim “van die wal, tot in die sloot” Those okes are really suffering, cant we help old bob destroy the country faster, it seems he has run out of ideas. :D :D

Asseblief gaan baie minder probleme wees :p

bb_matt

Executive Member
And here we go again - it's like a nasty tennis match :D

Lets not forget, initially, Mugabe WAS good for Zim, a solid economy was built on farming and Zim was a shining light in Africa - but then Bob went mad...

That's the only way I personally can see it, the guy lost his marbles and turned into a mad dictator, there's nothing else to explain the dire situation in Zim.

The SA government is very much responsible for taking a back seat on the issue and in fact, in many cases, supporting Mugabe - it was almost as if they were watching "an experiment" unfold before them - "lets see how Zimbabwe handles the land issue"

Or is it even more scary than that?

The west didn't bother to step in because Zim's main export was farm produce (tobacco for instance) - there's no financial reason to intervene, forget any moral issues - heck, if you really want to witness the moral standing of the west, or rather, the G8, just look at Iraq.

It's all about the corporation and the money.

Bob got his wires crossed and lost himself on this odd crusade against "former colonial powers", while entirely missing the very real fact that it's "current capitalist pigs" who are running the show.

The entire world is being raped and exploited by huge corporations, with budgets larger than any country, budgets big enough to buy leaders, buy marketing, cover up the truth.

If only we could see a country take the heroic stand and fight against that, instead of what Bob did - fight against an enemy long gone, one which only exists in his own diseased imagination ...

BTTB

Executive Member
Growth needs to come from inside Africa

Nicely put bb_matt.

If I may add.

I reckon the West couldn't be bothered if Zimbabwe fails or not.
Tobacco. Pah! Every Government with half a brain is trying to get the population off smoking and the ones that do smoke pay dearly for a pack of cigarettes.
Minerals. What minerals has Zimbabwe got that we have not got?
Perhaps Nickel in big quantities and one or two others, but generally they were more an Agricultural Powerhouse in Africa.

Can anyone remember Fray Bentos pies made in Bulawayo?
Where are they made now? England I think, but certainly not Rhodesia, now known as Zimbabwe.
Those pies were the best!

South Africa used to import Roses from Zimbabwe. Now I think they come from Mozambique.
I know of a local Plant Company that has their cuttings made in Zimbabwe, because it is so much cheaper to do so than locally, even with our cheap farm labour.
Once again Agricultural produce.
Zimbabwe is going to have to step back in time and start again from the beginning by building up their farms. That is going to be an extremely difficult task, almost impossible with an inflation rate of 1000%+
And who is going to manage these farms. The Government of Zimbabwe? Never. They cannot even manage them self.

Businesses are not run according to moral standards. Telkom a prime example of that here in South Africa.
The world is run from the Board Room. It's all about money.
Life is too short to worry about some crazy black fool called Mugabe in some distant African country. He can stew in his own mess.
The West will not lift one finger to help. If Zimbabwe happened to be sitting on Twenty Zillion Barrels of Prime Crude Oil the west may have had a sudden change of heart. But that is not the case.

Zimbabwe's problems are now our problem.
The SA Government woke up a little late. So much damage has been done already.
When if ever in the next generation of Zimbabweans will we see that Economy grow back to it's former self. I do not think so.
Like Mozambique, they are going to descend into civil war.
It is only a matter of time now. The few Mugabe soldiers are keeping the masses from revolting.
Take that force away and the rest will be history in the making.
I can see UN peacekeeping forces within the next couple of years quelling the violent outbreaks and presiding over Elections when Mugabe steps down or moves on because of natural causes.

Such a waste. And to prove what?
That they could show the white man a toffee?
And as bb_matt put it.
"instead of what Bob did - fight against an enemy long gone, one which only exists in his own diseased imagination ..."

Mbeki: Challenge for Africa is the capacity to change
"Easterly concurred with Mbeki's assertion that growth needed to come from inside Africa, "not from G8 political leaders" but from African political leaders and their people"

Last edited: