SA smart plugs that can be flashed with Tasmota

Saba'a

Executive Member
I've checked the old routers I have lying around and none seems fit for purposes, in that I want to hard-wire the main router to something else that can put out a 2.4ghz signal. None of my old devices have a lan "in", if that makes sense...
Huh any old router must have a lan point???

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
But most are lan out, not lan in...
Thats not really a thing
LAN is bidirectional in nature
Either an old router(there are some exceptions that can't pass through network,but these are rare) or a Wireless bridge or a Wireless AP
Just dont use WAN ports

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Thats not really a thing
LAN is bidirectional in nature
Either an old router(there are some exceptions that can't pass through network,but these are rare) or a Wireless bridge or a Wireless AP
Just dont use WAN ports
Well, now I've ordered the cheap WiFi router which was linked above...

I have one of these lying around: https://www.zte.com.cn/global/about/news/403165

Do you mean that if I plug a lan cable from my router into this lan/wan port, this wireless router will output some Wi-Fi, using the signal it is receiving from the first router via the lan cable??

PsyWulf

Honorary Master

I have one of these lying around: https://www.zte.com.cn/global/about/news/403165

Do you mean that if I plug a lan cable from my router into this lan/wan port, this wireless router will output some Wi-Fi, using the signal it is receiving from the first router via the lan cable??
The answer is depends
If you can disable DHCP on it then 70% chance it'll work

Saba'a

Executive Member

I have never had a router without extra lan out ports

I successfully use 2 old routers as APs.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I have never had a router without extra lan out ports

I successfully use 2 old routers as APs.
So, currently, that ZTE one is the only one I have lying about. And it only has one single lan port and nothing about AP mode in its settings...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
This is for tp link, but principles the same.

Thanks.

If the DHCP of the main router is 192.168.2.1, then wouldn't you have to set it to 192.168.2.2XX for it to be outside the range of the main router, not 192.168.2.11?
3aea6814caff2ba1ab4ef1330d931f97.jpg

Saba'a

Executive Member
Thanks.

If the DHCP of the main router is 192.168.2.1, then wouldn't you have to set it to 192.168.2.2XX for it to be outside the range of the main router, not 192.168.2.11?
3aea6814caff2ba1ab4ef1330d931f97.jpg
.11 just an example. You need to check range of router and then set outside it.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So I’ve bought some of the Ultralink plugs from Loot and should arrive this week.

Is there a particular guide or process to follow? Considering I’ve never used Tuya anything before.

I have a Raspberry Pi already which I believe is the first requirement for flashing Tasmota.

gbyleveldt

You’ll have to try the tuyaconvert method to see. Hopefully you don’t have my luck forcing you to strip them to get to the flash pins...

x7razor

wish i could get mine flashed never owned n Pi nor have any idea how to use it :( this Tasmota looks so much better

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You’ll have to try the tuyaconvert method to see. Hopefully you don’t have my luck forcing you to strip them to get to the flash pins...

I have all the tools so if it comes to that it’s no problem.

I take it Tuyaconvert is a universal thing and there aren’t device specific instructions?

gbyleveldt

I have all the tools so if it comes to that it’s no problem.

I take it Tuyaconvert is a universal thing and there aren’t device specific instructions?
Yup, it either works or it doesn’t. Some devices might have a specific procedure to get into pairing mode (so Tuyaconvert can discover it) but for the most part they very similar.

zubs07

So I’ve bought some of the Ultralink plugs from Loot and should arrive this week.

Is there a particular guide or process to follow? Considering I’ve never used Tuya anything before.

I have a Raspberry Pi already which I believe is the first requirement for flashing Tasmota.

I received my Ultra link plugs over the weekend that i also ordered from Loot and managed to flash them over the air without any issues with it being my first time doing this. I used the steps provided in the video in post #12 and used the following website http://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/tuya-convert-walk-through-february-2019/ as well. The video and the website basically contain the same steps though

system32

Expert Member
I just received a few more Ultra-Link UL-P01W smart plugs from Loot.
Unfortunately tuya-convert OTA flashing not working. :crying: :crying: :crying:
smarthack-psk.log:
ID: 0242416f68626d643661473931494652313fda3fea149776cfee895488792b15ab0256705b0a997b6acaa5109af4971ec7 PSK: 641e0ae48cc86bb1a4e271ee09c24b06424fb3312024988bccc655c28a7932bc could not establish sslpsk socket: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:1056)
I think the factory firmware has a different PSK.

I had a try at flashing
Due to the small design, very difficult to access the TX/RX/GND/VCC pins
Will keep trying.
Hopefully there will be an update to tuya-convert with new keys.
For now I would avoid the Ultra-Link UL-P01W.

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yeah also not having much joy with the Ultralink UL-P01W that I got from Loot yesterday.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I received my Ultra link plugs over the weekend that i also ordered from Loot and managed to flash them over the air without any issues with it being my first time doing this. I used the steps provided in the video in post #12 and used the following website http://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/tuya-convert-walk-through-february-2019/ as well. The video and the website basically contain the same steps though

Out of interest what version of Tuya-convert were you using?

Also what version of Pi? Or other device if not a Pi?

I simply can’t believe that Loot would have different batches in their stock, so must be something that did the trick here.