SA smart plugs that can be flashed with Tasmota

Saba'a

Executive Member
Is your plug running Tasmota?
Which Version of Tasmota?

The UL-P10W plug is rated to 3540W - I've used it with a 3,200W Geyser and no problems.
I'm running Tasmota 8.5.1

AFAIK, some factory Tuya firmware devices will stop working after 7 days if firewall blocked from contacting the C&C servers - all the more reason to install Tasmota
No its the oem software via Smartlife app.

Its ok. I've simply removed it as I'm in any case waiting on a remote control app (edit 2 x bakeey infrared controllers).

Update: will use the controllers for aircon and tvs.

Last edited:

ipodmusicman

New batch isn’t flash-able with tuyaconvert
That is rather disappointing. I saw pictures on page 12 in a post within this thread of a rather odd looking 3-way screw for which I'd need a screw driver to unscrew this damn thing. Anybody know what this screw type is called?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
That is rather disappointing. I saw pictures on page 12 in a post within this thread of a rather odd looking 3-way screw for which I'd need a screw driver to unscrew this damn thing. Anybody know what this screw type is called?

Maybe link to the post so we can see.

Page 12 isn’t page 12 for everyone.

Saba'a

Executive Member

Think its called a "tri-angle"

Last edited:

Saba'a

Executive Member
Is your plug running Tasmota?
Which Version of Tasmota?

The UL-P10W plug is rated to 3540W - I've used it with a 3,200W Geyser and no problems.
I'm running Tasmota 8.5.1

AFAIK, some factory Tuya firmware devices will stop working after 7 days if firewall blocked from contacting the C&C servers - all the more reason to install Tasmota
Checked the plug on another switch. Plug is online and can be controlled but no power throughput.

Weird as plug was not opened or flashed. Appears online and can be controlled. However, no power goes through.

Now we know why on special for R239 and R199

R4m80

Checked the plug on another switch. Plug is online and can be controlled but no power throughput.

Weird as plug was not opened or flashed. Appears online and can be controlled. However, no power goes through.

Now we know why on special for R239 and R199
I have one that does the same. I opened it and checked it. There is a 16A soldered fuse on the live output inside of the plug that has blown on mine.

Supercarfan

Not sure whether anyone’s interested in the Sansui plugs mentioned earlier in the thread, but just FYI, they’re now R119 at hi-fi corp.

ebendl

Expert Member
Not sure whether anyone’s interested in the Sansui plugs mentioned earlier in the thread, but just FYI, they’re now R119 at hi-fi corp.

That's very cheap. If you don't need power measuring then this is a good deal. It's probably less than what a Sonoff Basic + proper enclosure would cost you.

Saba'a

Executive Member
No power monitoring which is fine. Hardly a major requirement. Already have about 10 (now 9) plugs that do power monitoring.

But is it rated 16A or less?

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
No power monitoring which is fine. Hardly a major requirement. Already have about 10 (now 9) plugs that do power monitoring.

But is it rated 16A or less?
Believe those are 10a somebody mentioned

Saba'a

Executive Member
I have one that does the same. I opened it and checked it. There is a 16A soldered fuse on the live output inside of the plug that has blown on mine.
Interfoto for Smartlink plugs called me. They say an aircon pulls too much power. Suggested I plug a multiplug into the wifi plug and then aircon into the multi plug.

They will replace it for me.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Interfoto for Smartlink plugs called me. They say an aircon pulls too much power. Suggested I plug a multiplug into the wifi plug and then aircon into the multi plug.

They will replace it for me.
Odd statement,theoretically you can draw at least a 12000BTU without stressing it out
I've got one connected to my generator output to track up to 2200w without sweating,and 16A+-10% is below that aircon's rating too
I'd put money rather on bad fuse

Saba'a

Executive Member
Odd statement,theoretically you can draw at least a 12000BTU without stressing it out
I've got one connected to my generator output to track up to 2200w without sweating,and 16A+-10% is below that aircon's rating too
I'd put money rather on bad fuse
Yep told me he is an electrician and technician. According to him its not the fuse. But didnt even know about capacitors.

gbyleveldt

Older induction type motors draw massive amounts of currents at startup. It might say 5A current draw, but it’ll pull 5 times that at startup. That’s why you get the newer inverter AC units. They don’t draw less power while running, but they also don’t have massive inrush currents at startup. That is why most switches and contractors are 1/3rd derated for inductive loads vs resistive loads. Your oven is an easier load than your old Speedqueen.

wernerhp

T3