SA smart plugs that can be flashed with Tasmota

ipodmusicman

Has anybody purchased the GU10 RGBW light bulbs from BNETA and were you able to flash with Tuya Convert? We plan to buy some for my son as a Christmas present for his room, but ideally would like to flash them. However I can imagine that if they contain the firmware that has the exploit patched, it would be a mission to flash them.

gbyleveldt

Has anybody purchased the GU10 RGBW light bulbs from BNETA and were you able to flash with Tuya Convert? We plan to buy some for my son as a Christmas present for his room, but ideally would like to flash them. However I can imagine that if they contain the firmware that has the exploit patched, it would be a mission to flash them.
I got the Qualitel ones; I’d imagine the BNeta are the same. No, new stock can’t be flashed with tuyaconvert. I ended up having to open them; I made a guide somewhere here a few weeks back. Not for the faint of heart

ipodmusicman

I got the Qualitel ones; I’d imagine the BNeta are the same. No, new stock can’t be flashed with tuyaconvert. I ended up having to open them; I made a guide somewhere here a few weeks back. Not for the faint of heart

I found your guide but it was the E27 bulbs, not GU10. I would think the GU10 is not for the faint of heart either.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Read a few pages back, whats the general consensus on the Ultralink UL-P01W? I see they're R200 on loot - looking for about 5-6?

Saba'a

Executive Member
Read a few pages back, whats the general consensus on the Ultralink UL-P01W? I see they're R200 on loot - looking for about 5-6?
They ok. Only had one fail but interfoto replaced without issue.

gbyleveldt

Does it do power monitoring? On the Ultralink site it makes no mention of it, although Loot claims that it does? Personally I would rather for for the R300 Qualitel as it looks much easier to open, should you want to flash it.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Does it do power monitoring? On the Ultralink site it makes no mention of it, although Loot claims that it does? Personally I would rather for for the R300 Qualitel as it looks much easier to open, should you want to flash it.
The Ultralinks do indeed do power monitoring

xrapidx

Honorary Master

It does - under Specifications on the ultralink site.

ebendl

Expert Member
But I do believe the Ulink can no longer be flashed OTA, you will have to open it up.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Wasn't much of an issue for me,unless you absolutely must tasmotize it
For retrieving power consumption and pulling that into other apps,or controlling remotely from HA et al there are a few decent projects if you don't mind gloving up and diving in

Charlesjjm

Yep price better than on qualitel page

But no stock. Have 3 spare plugs still BUT always useful.
Edenvale has stock. According to the sales guy there this is something new for them that they are starting. I hope the other branches will follow and get it too.

gbyleveldt

Wow, some really cheap pricing on the smart stuff. The cynic in me is thinking that these don’t sell, so they clearing at cost to get rid of it. Which would mean no new stock or products will be available in the near future. A pity it would be; let’s hope I’m completely wrong

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Wow, some really cheap pricing on the smart stuff. The cynic in me is thinking that these don’t sell, so they clearing at cost to get rid of it. Which would mean no new stock or products will be available in the near future. A pity it would be; let’s hope I’m completely wrong
Wouldn't matter all too much,most of the ecosystem is fairly standardized so it's more aesthetics and warranty than functionality that could be a problem

Saba'a

Executive Member
Yep underneath they all the same, imported from China simply rebranded for SA seller.

Need 7 tuya/smartlife smart switches but Qualitel prices steep increase.