SA smart plugs that can be flashed with Tasmota

markshep

Tasmota...whatever was current version a month ago.

They also don't seem to be obeying the static IPs assigned by the router reliably.
And all the other devices on the network are fine.

I've now tweaked two of the commands (SetOptions41 which is ARP, and set a static IP) on one of the plugs so will see if that makes a difference
Not sure what that could be. I've not had any experience with the BNETA plugs. Had a lot of disconnect issues with the BNETA bulbs in the past. Also had issues with tasmota devices and reserved IPs with some routers. I only use unifi nowadays. Or I disable dhcp on the router and run the home assistant add-on to reliably reserve IP addresses. Hope this helps

ebendl

Expert Member
I don't have any issue with my BNETA plugs either. The Qualitel bulb I have has terrible Wifi reception, easily the worst in my whole house.

Does anyone know how to save the energy consumtion and keep on counting when the power goes out? Like during loadshedding my plug resets and the total energy consumption resets

wernerhp

Does anyone know how to save the energy consumtion and keep on counting when the power goes out? Like during loadshedding my plug resets and the total energy consumption resets
You could consider using Home Assistant. The data from the plug can be sent to HA where it's persisted to storage.

You could consider using Home Assistant. The data from the plug can be sent to HA where it's persisted to storage.
I am using home assistant. But the enity resets. What is the setup to store the total energy usage and have it continue where it left off before the power outage?

wernerhp

I am using home assistant. But the enity resets. What is the setup to store the total energy usage and have it continue where it left off before the power outage?

wernerhp

I don't think `SetOption65` will solve the problem. It's just to prevent the device from factory resetting after toggling on/off 7 times.
This may be a question for the HA community forum or Tasmota? Simply power cycling the device on the wall will result in the same thing, where HA resets the count instead of marking it Unavailable and then continuing when the device returns.

zhsa

I recently bought the BNETA smart plugs from Takealot. I tried to flash with Tuya convert but had no luck as it seems to have the lastest firmware from Tuya.

I opened the plugs up and could then flash the plugs by soldering to the serial pins and using tasmotizer to flash. Worked perfectly if anyone is struggling to flash. just try the physical flash method.
Can you please share how you managed to do this?
I've opened the BNETA Plug up but it doesn't look like any of the other ones posted in this thread.

Can you share some pictures of how you soldered the wires?

alqassam

Expert Member
I have 1 tasmotised qualitel gu10 that has stopped working. What's the best way to troubleshoot these?

Greglsh

Can you please share how you managed to do this?
I've opened the BNETA Plug up but it doesn't look like any of the other ones posted in this thread.

Can you share some pictures of how you soldered the wires?
Hi does it not look like the post #199

1611777949987.png

Thats what mine looked like and I had to solder onto the point TX,RX the 3.3v and GND. Was not so easy but managed to flash 2 of them. Then hold the button in when you plug in the TTL adapter to get it into flash mode.

zhsa

Hi does it not look like the post #199

View attachment 1001820

Thats what mine looked like and I had to solder onto the point TX,RX the 3.3v and GND. Was not so easy but managed to flash 2 of them. Then hold the button in when you plug in the TTL adapter to get it into flash mode.

Yes it's the same.
Thanks for this.

I was just a bit worried as the solder points are flush with the board and also quite close together.
Anyway I'll give it a try.

feo

Honorary Master
I wanna buy some BNETA plugs and do tuya-convert on them.

Can anyone confirm if the latest version of tuya-convert on Github works?

zhsa

I wanna buy some BNETA plugs and do tuya-convert on them.

Can anyone confirm if the latest version of tuya-convert on Github works?
I tried with the latest version (2.3 I think) but it didn't work.

Piesang

Executive Member
Do these plugs only shows electricity usage or does it also show you the cost?

I have a Power meter, not wifi though, where I can put in the cost per kwh so it shows up the usage and how much it cost for the duration.

ebendl

Expert Member
Do these plugs only shows electricity usage or does it also show you the cost?

I have a Power meter, not wifi though, where I can put in the cost per kwh so it shows up the usage and how much it cost for the duration.
Not sure if the default firmware and apps do that -- I've pretty much flashed mine with Tasmota so I could add a rule in Home Assistant that calculates the cost.