SA smart plugs that can be flashed with Tasmota

Tinuva

The Magician
Please share your HA conf for this
You just need to know the sensor name for the watt(W) rating.

Then you do this:
1. get the Wh/kWh hour sensor (this is a shelly example but should be same on tasmota)
Code:
sensor:
  # Sensor for Riemann sum of energy bought (W -> Wh)
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.pool_pump_power
    name: pool_pump_usage
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 1
    method: left

2. create a daily+monthly sensor
Code:
utility_meter:
  pool_pump_daily:
    source: sensor.pool_pump_usage
    cycle: daily
  pool_pump_monthly:
    source: sensor.pool_pump_usage
    cycle: monthly

3. Now that will give you the kWh total + daily + monthly. Now you want it in Rand I guess?
For CoCT mine looks like this.
ps. This is for my total grid power not the pool pump, I used similar sensors as above, then this.
Code:
sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      # Template sensor for money used
      energy_buy_daily_cost:
        friendly_name: "energy_buy_daily_cost"
        icon_template: "mdi:flash"
        value_template: >-
          {% if states('sensor.energy_buy_monthly')|float > 600 %}
            {{ (states('sensor.energy_buy_daily')|float * 291.90 / 100)|round(2) }}
          {% else %}
            {{ (states('sensor.energy_buy_daily')|float * 211.52 / 100)|round(2) }}
          {% endif %}
      energy_buy_monthly_cost:
        friendly_name: "energy_buy_monthly_cost"
        icon_template: "mdi:flash"
        value_template: >-
          {% if states('sensor.energy_buy_monthly')|float > 600 %}
            {{ (((states('sensor.energy_buy_monthly')|float - 600) * 291.90 / 100)|round(2) + (600 * 211.52 / 100))|round(2) }}
          {% else %}
            {{ (states('sensor.energy_buy_monthly')|float * 211.52 / 100)|round(2) }}
          {% endif %}
In CoCT, the cost is R2.1152 for each kWh below 600 units.
Then it is R2.919 for each kWh above 600 units for the month.

I then show my cost like this in HA Dash. This is for today so far.
Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.21.18 AM.png

KK-Kluisenaar

BNETA Template on blakadder.com is incorrect, it should be as follows to get the WIFI Status led and POWER led to work correctly

{"NAME":"BNETA WifiPlug","GPIO":[17,52,0,0,133,132,0,0,131,157,21,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

Attachments

• BNETA Plug.gif
    BNETA Plug.gif
    85.1 KB · Views: 33
I
Can you please share how you managed to do this?
I've opened the BNETA Plug up but it doesn't look like any of the other ones posted in this thread.

Can you share some pictures of how you soldered the wires?
do not have a plug to open at the moment. The pads on the back of the chip is labeled for soldering.

I also saw that if you use tazmotizer you should download the tazmota.bin file and load it seperately from the app. Mine did not want to flash when i select the download and flash option.

I wanna buy some BNETA plugs and do tuya-convert on them.

Can anyone confirm if the latest version of tuya-convert on Github works?
No you have to open and solder directly to the chip or to the pads on the back to flash using a usb to serial converter

Hi does it not look like the post #199

View attachment 1001820

Thats what mine looked like and I had to solder onto the point TX,RX the 3.3v and GND. Was not so easy but managed to flash 2 of them. Then hold the button in when you plug in the TTL adapter to get it into flash mode.
You just have to shirt IO0 to ground when powering up to put into flash mode

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Are there any flashable switches available locally that fit a 4x4 socket?

Most of the smart switches I've seen are for 2x4 sockets.

1613628656468.png

zarf

Am I being stupid? Is there an easy way to open the ultralink plug?
It's glued shut. If you have a good sharp pry tool and work around the rim it will come apart cleanly. The first one may be stressful, but once you get the hang of it you can open them pretty quickly.

Do you know if anyone has them in stock at the moment? I've been periodically reloading my Takealot and loot bookmarks for them without success since early December.

JustinB

It's glued shut. If you have a good sharp pry tool and work around the rim it will come apart cleanly. The first one may be stressful, but once you get the hang of it you can open them pretty quickly.

Do you know if anyone has them in stock at the moment? I've been periodically reloading my Takealot and loot bookmarks for them without success since early December.
Thanks, i should've waited for your reply... my dremel worked though :p

ok, so i can see the VCC, GND, Rx and Tx pins under the ESP chip... any ideas how to enter programming mode?

wernerhp

Thanks, i should've waited for your reply... my dremel worked though :p

ok, so i can see the VCC, GND, Rx and Tx pins under the ESP chip... any ideas how to enter programming mode?

Last edited:

JustinB

I got this one from Loot. My previous 2 i could use tuya convert, but this one not. It's now flashed though.

wernerhp

Thanks, but this is not what i needed.

What i needed was someone to say that GPIO0 = I00 on the TYWE2S module.
I had originally mentioned it bit edited the post as I think the risk warnings mentioned on the Tasmota page are an important mention for people new to this.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Can confirm the new BNETA plugs do not work with Tuya Convert.

Got a BNETA plug with power monitoring this week from Takealot and it isn't compatible. Says the firmware is too new.

I didn't connect it to the app/Wi-Fi so it looks like the new ones are shipped with the newer firmware.

Last edited:

HaltAndCatchFire

Has anyone tried the BNETA or Qualitel gu10's? are any "TUYA Convert" Compatible? Want to order a couple but first want to make sure I will be able to flash them with tasmota.

I saw earlier up that someone opened up some bulbs, don't really want to go that route except if it's my only option.

ipodmusicman

Has anyone tried the BNETA or Qualitel gu10's? are any "TUYA Convert" Compatible? Want to order a couple but first want to make sure I will be able to flash them with tasmota.

I saw earlier up that someone opened up some bulbs, don't really want to go that route except if it's my only option.

I have 4 GU10 BNETA bulbs a d sadly I could not Tuya Convert them. I tried over and over again, but I suspect that the firmware they ship with has the hole fixed. Same for the BNETA smart plug. I got one early last year and I could flash it and got another one late last year and no luck flashing it.