SA smart plugs that can be flashed with Tasmota

Saba'a

Executive Member
Has Ultralink gone tits up? Their plugs just suddenly gone and I want more.
There are 5 if you want.

See link

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
There are 5 if you want.

See link

Are they now new or used?

I originally paid R199 for mine which is largely why I have them.

Would you be willing to strike a deal on all five?

I guess they have gone tits up as I don’t find a working website either, so I guess no warranty on one of mine that died as well.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Are they now new or used?

I originally paid R199 for mine which is largely why I have them.

Would you be willing to strike a deal on all five?

I guess they have gone tits up as I don’t find a working website either, so I guess no warranty on one of mine that died as well.
Average was R380 iirc?

Any case sent a PM

gbyleveldt

So also bought a recent Bneta plug and it is now exactly the. same as the qualitel plug inside...need to replace chip. So looks like it's the end of flashing Tuya plugs.

That said, Athom is selling tasmota pre-flashed plugs and there is one that looks like it is compatible with the new standard: https://www.athom.tech/blank-1/brazil-plug
I'm quite keen to see what the proper Tuya integration for HA is going to look like. That'll save everyone a looooot of time. Won't be Tasmota, but it'll be localised

system32

Expert Member
Some interesting news from Tuya integration with Home Assistant.

Paul Hibbert gives some background:

Seems that in future (soon) there will be local only setup (not dependent on cloud).
I prefer to install tasmota firmware (not always possible), but will be happy if I can get Tuya devices to connect to a local mqtt.

Last edited:

Saba'a

Executive Member
Might cause me to move to Home Assistant as most of my IoTs are run via Smart Life.

Would be cool to link my few Sonoff devices:
1. S55 outdoor plugs (used one, other in the box still).
2. Temp and humidity sensor. Could then link to Smart Life smart plug of aircon
3. Gate Bell plus 2 wifi chimes. Could link bell/ chimes to water leak detector

Have one sonoff water leak detector connected but alternate Tuya water leak sensor not linkable to bell.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the CBI Astute range of smart plugs and switches. This is almost the perfect solution, as it replaces the wall socket with a switchable plug and energy monitor. Would just like to know what chip is in there and would it be able to be flashed with Tasmota. Price is also a bit high

Tinuva

The Magician
Has anyone tried the CBI Astute range of smart plugs and switches. This is almost the perfect solution, as it replaces the wall socket with a switchable plug and energy monitor. Would just like to know what chip is in there and would it be able to be flashed with Tasmota. Price is also a bit high
I 100% bet you the chip can't be flashed to tasmota. It will be a non-esp tuya chip. Only way will be to remove the chip and replace with an esp chip.

ebendl

Expert Member

I 100% bet you the chip can't be flashed to tasmota. It will be a non-esp tuya chip. Only way will be to remove the chip and replace with an esp chip.

Yes - it is already discussed elsewhere on the forum: CBI Astute Power Monitor / Switch -- Tasmotized! | Page 13 | MyBroadband Forum

In short - can be done but have to swop the chip (although uncertain if the wall-plug is the same).