SAA business rescue plan in deep trouble

neoprema

Expert Member
Everything the ANC touches, is in crisis.
Cyril is shocked.
The problem is, if not them who will be voted on to "touch" things next? EFF? Cause then a failing airline and power grid will be the LEAST of this country's problems... :oops:

Sollie

Executive Member
The problem is, if not them who will be voted on to "touch" things next? EFF? Cause then a failing airline and power grid will be the LEAST of this country's problems... :oops:
Just attached to supercaps to Cyril, capture shocks, swap regularly.

We could supply Africa and South America with power for free ...

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Hello, please rescue me.

Okay, cut this, that and reduce that. There, you are saved.

But I don't want to change anything. Didn't you just give me R5.5 Billion to spend?

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
When will we see engines falling off the SAA planes as I am sure the maintenance of their planes are also under pressure. Luckily I don't live and work on the route where planes fly!

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
When will we see engines falling off the SAA planes as I am sure the maintenance of their planes are also under pressure. Luckily I don't live and work on the route where planes fly!
Well, they haven't fired anybody, but cut so many planes and routes. So now there are more maintenance personal sitting around. Maintenance may actually improve!

SAguy

Expert Member
Well, they haven't fired anybody, but cut so many planes and routes. So now there are more maintenance personal sitting around. Maintenance may actually improve!
Maintenance guys often work 10 -14 hour shifts, so hopefully less planes means less overworked maintenance guys and better maintenance.

ConfusedR

This is very true. The EFF will be even worse than the ANC.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
EFF has 15% support on a good day. Bit far from 50%+1 needed to pass any laws.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Maintenance guys often work 10 -14 hour shifts, so hopefully less planes means less overworked maintenance guys and better maintenance.
Assuming your surplus "maintenance" guys actually know how to maintain a plane.

JayM

Expert Member
EFF has 15% support on a good day. Bit far from 50%+1 needed to pass any laws.
The DA being in a complete shambles is a blessing in disguise. Less chance of EFF becoming kingmakers.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Leave the Business Rescue people to do their jobs.
Unlike the ANC they know what they are doing (one hopes).

Sollie

Executive Member

access

Executive Member
just sell everything but keep the payroll, this way you drastically reduce costs, keeping the unions happy and taxpayers pay less

..lol

ForceFate

Honorary Master
They don't maintain SAA planes only.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
But how is it in trouble? Unions are worker representatives and do not define mandate of the BR process. The only time they have a say is whether they accept the BR plan. Or am I wrong?