SAA desperately needs its government bailout

eg2505

Honorary Master
The money is all gone, and the repercussions are about to become real.
not before dragging down the entire goverment with it.
including our credit ratings and and remaining credibility worldwide we have.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
The money is all gone, and the repercussions are about to become real.
Some bright spark will decide to increase VAT with two or three percentage points in order to "make up for the shortfall". I'm sure said person has Lord Dimwit Flathead the Excessive qualities.

Milano

Honorary Master
The ANC knows very well the outcome of NHI.
Knowing that the outcome will be another failure has never stopped them. History shows that nobody knows what the ANC is doing, least of all the ANC. It barely matters what they do as their proposed policies undermine the confidence of business, investors and the public just in terms of sentiment alone.

When they actually implement a policy it is even more damaging to the economy than when they talk about proposed policies.

Both are extremely damaging to the economy.

surface

Executive Member

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Being actively discussed in the Broadband News sub-forum:

f22raptor

R33 Billion R2 Billion (at most) of planes on offer for sale.
Selling a second hand plane is very difficult. It is not as easy as selling a 2nd hand car. There are hundreds airliners on sale. 1time's planes are parked in a desert in Northern Cape. A340-600 is not as efficient as the Boeing 777 which it was designed to compete against. The B777 has been ordered 2 000 times since inception in 1995 (including 45 last year), the A340 entered service in 1993 and yet was last ordered in 2012.

Don't be surprised if no one buys the planes.

Swa

Honorary Master
Selling a second hand plane is very difficult. It is not as easy as selling a 2nd hand car. There are hundreds airliners on sale. 1time's planes are parked in a desert in Northern Cape. A340-600 is not as efficient as the Boeing 777 which it was designed to compete against. The B777 has been ordered 2 000 times since inception in 1995 (including 45 last year), the A340 entered service in 1993 and yet was last ordered in 2012.

Don't be surprised if no one buys the planes.
Why not? Just put it in the Junkmail. There's bound to be some sucker takers.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Should've started selling those planes a long while ago...

And it will be interesting to see if somebody actually buys them...

:unsure::unsure:

what if I put an offer of R1000 on the table, tell them I'll take one of their 340's but without the engines, wings and seats, and they'll have to pony up for delivery to my freeholding, where I can convert it into Hotel Ook where you can spend a night in a plane (without snakes). :unsure::unsure: