SAA is an "airline for the elites" and must be sold off - Minister

Shadowchaser1

Gov will still interfere. No matter what. They don't have an egg on their face. Too stupid to realize. They swimming in it.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Has "Wedge" Mantashe contracted Coroner, he is very vocal about the wastage at SAA but very quiet about the same situation at Escum. Keep throwing money at them and the next request for a bailout is not questioned or made conditional! Hey Wedge, maybe you should go look for treatment at the new hospital in China you farkin idiot!
One thing I agree with is to get rid of all the non functioning SOE's but it must apply to all SOE's receiving bailouts.

Techne

Honorary Master
Can you imagine... A 737 pulling up in the yellow line on the N2 between EL and PE en route to Cape Town from Durbs to pick up a few passengers.
:laugh: ^ This, a few mid air collisions here and there, route wars and hijacked planes scavenged for parts... But at least we will have a National plane service always filled with passengers.

nightjar

Expert Member
Forward thinking by Gwede Mantashe.
He must be considering EWC once it has been turned around by private enterprise.

Flanders

Honorary Master
:laugh: ^ This, a few mid air collisions here and there, route wars and hijacked planes scavenged for parts... But at least we will have a National plane service always filled with passengers.
Every request to ATC is a demand - and comes through to all on frequency with blaring music in the background played through blown speakers.

Gazg

SAA is an "airline for the elites" and must be sold off - Minister

ANC chairperson and energy minister Gwede Mantashe has urged the government to sell South African Airways (SAA), stating that the airline does not cater to the working class.

According to a report by The Sunday Times, Mantashe's views are in conflict with the ANC, with the minister arguing that if it is unable to make money, SAA must be sold to private buyers.
Eish........where do they get these goons??

koffiejunkie

Executive Member
I'm confused, why is Matashe talking so much sense lately?

Wonder if he's eyeing the top spot. Getting behind the **** stuff the tax payers care about could land him a good deal of power.

Edit: FFS man, why can't we swear on this forum?

access

Executive Member
I'm confused, why is Matashe talking so much sense lately?

Wonder if he's eyeing the top spot. Getting behind the **** stuff the tax payers care about could land him a good deal of power.

Edit: FFS man, why can't we swear on this forum?
yeah seems like a setup to me as well...