ScrooV

Whilst I don't disagree with the article or title - MyBB, if they want to be taken a bit more seriously as a news outlet, should avoid using tabloid, opinion piece, clickbait style headlines. We're seeing more of this lately and only serves to undermine the publication.

ddv1

Why is this even news? Why can't we learn from past experiences?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Whilst I don't disagree with the article or title - MyBB, if they want to be taken a bit more seriously as a news outlet, should avoid using tabloid, opinion piece, clickbait style headlines. We're seeing more of this lately and only serves to undermine the publication.

The article title is concise and to the point, your post is much more clickbaity.

ScrooV

The article title is concise and to the point, your post is much more clickbaity.
The forum post title is ok: SAA staff on strike, no equity partner, and flight and support uncertainty
The news page title is not: SAA disaster

"SAA disaster" is neither concise or to the point - unless you're so used to Express or Sun type editorial?

Shadowchaser1

Any person/Company must be totally F****d in their minds to do business with the SA Gov. Watch another bailout on the cards.

Swa

Honorary Master
So do we need a plane to fall out of the sky to realize it was a bad idea to let SAA continue to operate?
I don't think many countries will allow them to fly over their airspace tbh.

Quicks

Expert Member
Where is those guys that said "This time it will be different" Yeah right, when I said they will be asking for money or bailout something will go wrong before the end of the year.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
So let's see, 3 flights return to CT/JHB per day, 150 seats per aircraft, that's 900 seats at R600 per seat, that's R540 000 a day max or R197m per year. Hardly compares to the R30B+ they stole from taxpayers to exit business rescue.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
So let's see, 3 flights return to CT/JHB per day, 150 seats per aircraft, that's 900 seats at R600 per seat, that's R540 000 a day max or R197m per year. Hardly compares to the R30B+ they stole from taxpayers to exit business rescue.
Should only take 152 years to pay off.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I heard on the radio one of the instigators of the strike saying there are 250 (iirc) senior staff managing 750 (iirc) staff........................... if so nothing changes with the anc.

It's those 250 that got the pay/increase but the 750 didn't

boboudts

cyrilaffairs.jpg
What a clueless jackass!

boboudts

Well, they were warned back then by numerous political parties, that by not doing the Business Rescue process correctly, they will be shooting themselves in the feet and the SAA will never be rescued. The twats, as always, did not listen. Now its coming back to bite them. They are all incompetent and should not be running a country.
The anc's only "skill" is their unending, arrogance and knowitall presumption!