SAA to receive additional funding from government

nightjar

Expert Member
“We really and truly cannot go on like this.”
Um - apparently you are ...
Of course we can!
Look at Zimbabwe and Venezuela where the chief comrades are still living like kings and to hell with all the rest.
With the arrival of the NHI do you think that Comrade Cyril and all the others will dump private facilities and go to state hospitals with a 36 hour wait and no meds stronger than panado?
They are going to suck the absolute maximum out of the system while they can.

Daruk

Honorary Master
“I must emphasize that this additional government support cannot be a blank check to these state-owned enterprises,” Mboweni said on Thursday. “We really and truly cannot go on like this.”

Who's going to stop them? Certainly not you lol.
PhotoEditor_20190713_152616768.jpg

neoprema

Expert Member
I really cannot understand this.

I fly SAA OFTEN. The staff are always friendly, food is good quality and planes (at least mine) are always on time and clean.

And almost all the time they're full.

How is this airline NOT making tons of money?!

Daruk

Honorary Master

I fly SAA OFTEN. The staff are always friendly, food is good quality and planes (at least mine) are always on time and clean.

Embezzlement???

Spliffcat

Executive Member
The last time I flew SAA it was a gift.

Myfok the air hostess turned around and buried her fat ass so deeply into my face I had to fight tooth and claw and bite to be able to breath again.

All I got was a eish mind where you put your face.
My buddy on the seat next to the aisle needed EAR and CPR the hostess only realised he was stuck between her bum cheeks when we landed.

Techne

Honorary Master

Because Sipho is selling Chinese plastic forks to SAA at three times the price and the reason he has that deal is because his daddy in guavament got him a sweet BEE deal.

smi

Expert Member
We are being misled left right and centre.......Zondo just makes us fell warm and fuzzy but nothing will happen. Stealing is going on full time.
Nothing warm and fuzzy to be told to us, by Zondo commmission when we already know the answers that money was stolen, lost, bagged, packaged, misplaced (insert any other answer).

And yes, it continues regardless of statements from witnesses.

I have all but stopped watching, reading or listening to anything related to a commission or enquiry, just another way to fill people's pockets with nothing going to come of it.

Sean008

Expert Member
And meanwhile,no one in jail for all the stealing. Feck, no one even charged yet. No retrenchments. Oink, oink ! !

Jola

Honorary Master

Amongst many other things (incl looting), they are way overstaffed.

Compare SAA and QANTAS staff numbers per plane, that tells a huge story.

Oh, and the staff are often very unfriendly.

In my experience it is 50:50.

neoprema

Expert Member
How does SAA land up with 1.1 billion in debt with Zimbabwe?!!?

Surely somewhere along that path stricter action should have been taken LONG before it near that amount?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Interesting to read the background that Solidarity continues to put pressure on SAA: https://city-press.news24.com/News/gordhan-saves-saa-from-rescue-20190831
A last-minute intervention by Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan has put the brakes on a court application to place SAA under business rescue.

City Press’ sister publication, Rapport, has established that Gordhan met with trade union Solidarity to request that the union halt its intended court application.

It appears that Gordhan and the union have agreed to come up with a plan to keep the national carrier flying high rather than grounded.

The ministerial intervention came after talks between Solidarity and the SAA board had stalled.

These discussions happened between August 1 and 7, when the union’s representatives met with the entire SAA board to discuss the union’s arguments and plans for going ahead with the application.
Edit: Related thread, could have posted link there: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/fed-up-solidarity-wants-court-to-place-saa-under-business-rescue.947551/

HBee

Expert Member
I'd love to hear the plan. Gordan loves throwing taxpayer money at problems, and solidarity is here on behalf of the taxpayer this time.

neoprema

Expert Member
For an airline with a monopoly to some destinations, no strikes, no major security issues and a generally busy as hell route map - how this airline needs bailouts is just mind blowing i tell you.

BBSA

Honorary Master
For an airline with a monopoly to some destinations, no strikes, no major security issues and a generally busy as hell route map - how this airline needs bailouts is just mind blowing i tell you.
Any company would need a bailout if they were overstaffed like SAA.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
We are basically working so that we can pay tax and then have it flushed down the toilet :sneaky: