SAA to take flight next week with plans to recover its former glory

Quicks

Expert Member
How many days, before they ask for another bailout or complaining about situation out of their control. Bet there will be Something before end of October.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
How many days, before they ask for another bailout or complaining about situation out of their control. Bet there will be Something before end of October.
I think they trimmed the fat, especially in management. Hopefully there'd be less political interference. That's until someone takes over the reigns at Union buildings.

R13...

Honorary Master
I think they trimmed the fat, especially in management. Hopefully there'd be less political interference. That's until someone takes over the reigns at Union buildings.
They cut everywhere:
He said about 3 480 of SAA’s 4 700 staff had taken severance packages or been subjected to the section 189 retrenchment process.
If they maintain operation/capital discipline and the ANC keep their ideologies out of the business it could work. Not going to be easy during these COVID times.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I admire your principled stand but do you even fly bro?
True
Not anymore
Not since 2017
Used to fly at least twice a year either locally or abroad for work
Now I hide behind my screen so that I don't get picked again
Novelty wears off with age
And there is no better place to sleep than in your own bed with your own pillow

ponder

Honorary Master
They cut everywhere:

If they maintain operation/capital discipline and the ANC keep their ideologies out of the business it could work. Not going to be easy during these COVID times.

Anybody willing to place bets?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
True
Not anymore
Not since 2017
Around 2009 - 2014 I was flying two to three times a month locally and every three months overseas. I had to quit that job.

SaucePlz

True
Not anymore
Not since 2017
And no better place to sh*t than your own toilet?

surface

Honorary Master
True
Not anymore
Not since 2017
I agree, it seems too much of a bother to visit other countries. I would just like to take my son to visit museums (smithsonian etc) in Washington DC when he is around 10-12 and that's it for me. I got bored of travel as well. Could be age factor.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I agree, it seems too much of a bother to visit other countries. I would just like to take my son to visit museums (smithsonian etc) in Washington DC when he is around 10-12 and that's it for me. I got bored of travel as well.
When he is that age you guys must go hook up Bwana there in Florida.
He should be there by then

Napalm2880

Expert Member
The whole reason they're "reviving" the airline is due to political interference.

As far as I've been told, the only thing they've trimmed are their pilots - by not paying them for what must be at least a year now.