SABC begged Treasury for R1.5 billion – but was rejected

I'm can't understand why sabc should have all these problems. During the apartheid years sabc thrived and made wonderful TV and radio programs / series that millions of people couldn't wait to watch, and also made billions of rand from advertising, so much so that some large companies competed to name programs after their brand. So much so that licencing was unimportant financially and so a low token amount. What is wrong with these people running sabc that they have to beg for money every couple of months. They have been given an entire functioning broadcast corporation for free and still can't make it work.. I shake my head in disbelief. Sad.. Really sad tbh.

I'm can't understand why sabc should have all these problems. During the apartheid years sabc thrived and made wonderful TV and radio programs / series that millions of people couldn't wait to watch, and also made billions of rand from advertising, so much so that some large companies competed to name programs after their brand. So much so that licencing was unimportant financially and so a low token amount. What is wrong with these people running sabc that they have to beg for money every couple of months. They have been given an entire functioning broadcast corporation for free and still can't make it work.. I shake my head in disbelief. Sad.. Really sad tbh.
Shots fired!

Really hope it gets liquidated.

Stop burning tax money on this thing. Turnaround plan after turnaround plan doesn't work. The culture at the place is wrong, and the people in charge largely don't know what they're doing.

I haven't watched the SABC since I was a kid. There's nothing worth watching on it any longer.

Because cANCer

But the ANC cannot ADMIT to anything failing under its tenure.

The bailout is to pay salaries over Christmas and in 3 months more funding required.

PLEASE CLOSE DOWN ALREADY.

SABC begged Treasury for R1.5 billion – but was rejected

National Treasury rejected the SABC's request for R1.5 billion in additional funding to prevent financial collapse.
d3c0qpy-7c1ec0da-19ed-4b74-b7e5-f2c4b9968065.jpg

No idea what the reasons could be.

Can I call a friend?

1699726898717.gif

Use the post office to print and deliver news and propaganda to voters.

Back