SABC cancels plans to retrench staff

daveza

Honorary Master
"The public broadcaster will not renew its notice to invoke section 189 of the Labour Relations Act in the interest of “votes”.
Really pisses me off when they take everyone for an idiot

So, the end of the SABC ticks another minute closer to Defcon 1.

krycor

Honorary Master
Awesome..now i wanna see them not beg for a bail out.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Fantastic how the ANC is literally using state owned enterprises just to secure extra votes no matter if it is bad decisions that will lead to worse outcomes.

If this is not using public funding to buy votes then call me Susan.

In before the Public protector rules that it is totally legal to use government resources to further the political outcomes of the ruling party. Public protector is the biggest pile of dogsht we have overseeing all our problems.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Fantastic how the ANC is literally using state owned enterprises just to secure extra votes no matter if it is bad decisions that will lead to worse outcomes.

If this is not using public funding to buy votes then call me Susan.

In before the Public protector rules that it is totally legal to use government resources to further the political outcomes of the ruling party. Public protector is the biggest pile of dogsht we have overseeing all our problems.
She's on mybb...

HennieWelkom

“This will ensure that the SABC meets its strategic objective of operating optimally and competitively in a digitised environment,” said the SABC.
The only strategic objective the SABC needs to meet is the one of 'strategic propaganda machine'.

John Tempus

Expert Member
She's on mybb...
I dont care if shes in my house. Time for them to actually do their job, independently. Their rulings on serious matters is so mindblowingly ridiculous that we could get most justice out a bottle of shampoo at this point.

If she cares to read this comment then please show us what the Public Protector is even useful for.

Investigate the fact that the ANC is using the SABC retrenchment issue as a token issue to get additional votes. This is government funding used to further a political party during the voting year.

Get back to us if and when you start to really care about being independent and just.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Ah well, if the Anc, after 24 years, still cannot do the right thing, they will have to live with the real-life consequences. Still won't get a single cent from me.