SABC cancels 'Top Billing' after 23 years - reports

eg2505

Honorary Master
How many home and lifestyle shows do they have? I don't think they are too desperate.

true, although for one of the regional tv stations might come in handy.
think JHB TV or Soweto TV, or something like that.

quite surprised nobody decided to offer them a lifeline, not E-TV, or Monochoice.
even strangely enough Gupta TV, nobody wanted them,

diesel

Expert Member
Go ahead and cancel like the one show that tv licence payers actually watch....

TheChamp

Honorary Master

quite surprised nobody decided to offer them a lifeline, not E-TV, or Monochoice.

Gupta tv?

Reactions: ES1

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict

Watch KykNet launching a "Boonste Rekening" show in the coming months. They don't like buying up other local brands, they'll rebrand it.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
"With high production values"+ SABC = ????? Compared to what? That 10 hour YouTube video of paint drying?

Reactions: ES1

MEIOT

Expert Member
Watched snippets of this garbage over the 23 years of this shows run, what pretentious crap. Its end could've and should've come sooner.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Top Billing is not a bad show. They must get away from SABC and just start their own online YouTube channel. They have a good reputation and if they change their focus a little bit, they will do well showing SA homes. Can also connect with the real estate industry and advertise/review luxury homes on sale. I have watched one or two homes on YouTube and it was not bad. The camera quality not the best and the presenters a bit stiff some times, but they can do it. One was the Stein Palazzo and the other Beast's house. Obviously I don't watch any SABC or DSTV channels.

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
Top Billing is not a bad show. They must get away from SABC and just start their own online YouTube channel. They have a good reputation and if they change their focus a little bit, they will do well showing SA homes. Can also connect with the real estate industry and advertise/review luxury homes on sale. I have watched one or two homes on YouTube and it was not bad. The camera quality not the best and the presenters a bit stiff some times, but they can do it. One was the Stein Palazzo and the other Beast's house. Obviously I don't watch any SABC or DSTV channels.

Old thread. SABC canned the show 2019.