SABC cancels 'Top Billing' after 23 years - reports

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
You folks there in SA are so spoilt for TV.

Shoooooooo .................. who needs Netflix?

1603576982160.png

animal531

Expert Member
i never do get shows that show the 99.9% how the 0.1% live.

Because the 99.9% wants to live like the 0.1%.
It's also the same reason why the 99.9% allows the super-rich to exist (and consider them heroes), but look down on people that are worse off than themselves.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Because the 99.9% wants to live like the 0.1%.
It's also the same reason why the 99.9% allows the super-rich to exist (and consider them heroes), but look down on people that are worse off than themselves.
Controlling slaves is no longer through whips and chains. It is done through debt, and the carrot of the non-existant chance of being the master (the 0.1%). And religion, but people are starting to catch on to that one.

chrisc

Executive Member
What about "Crime Watch"?

I once saw an ex-school teacher who was wanted for child molestation. He was apprehended within 20 mins of the program airing. His landlady recognised him as the fellow in the downstairs flat

genetic

Honorary Master

I once saw an ex-school teacher who was wanted for child molestation. He was apprehended within 20 mins of the program airing. His landlady recognised him as the fellow in the downstairs flat

What's that got to do with Top Billing?

genetic

Honorary Master
They talking about bringing back old shows. Same as the Nutsman you commented on that has nothing to do with Top Billing.

Well SABC Encore was for that, but that channel was killed a few months ago....

Currantly

Expert Member
Was this the show that made Joan Collins cry back in the day, or was it NJR?

Supervan II

Expert Member
What's that got to do with Top Billing?
I may have the answer to that: Top Billing investigates criminal activity and Crime Watch broadcasts the details of the criminals that still need to be caught.

No wonder the SABCANC cancelled them both! One wouldn't want anyone to investigate one's own wrongdoings, no?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I may have the answer to that: Top Billing investigates criminal activity and Crime Watch broadcasts the details of the criminals that still need to be caught.

No wonder the SABCANC cancelled them both! One wouldn't want anyone to investigate one's own wrongdoings, no?
Was that meant to be a joke?