SABC Day Zero can happen tomorrow if big companies want their money

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Its not good for anyone you damn fool. Its likely to happen all over. And its likely to lead to more of your taxes to bail them out.

Good? What a fking moron
Whether they hit day zero or not, it is going to cost the same from your pocket to fix, regardless.

The sooner you realise that the better. For best end result, Day Zero might, just might, be the better road.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
RIP you lazy lot.
Won't go so far as to say they are all lazy, but they are carrying a large contingent of dead wood, that they cannot dump for political and union reasons.

Corruption did not help them either ... , but yeah, you reap, what you sow.

We still going to pay a **** load for it tho.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Nope, would not be missed at all. That is the saddest part.
While I also look forward to the imminent demise of the SABC, there can be no doubt that millions of poor South Africans rely on the SABC as their only source of news and entertainment, especially in the radio space. We can all feel smug from our middle class perches because let's face it, anyone with a device and an internet connection has better options than the SABC, but that simply is not the case for these millions of poor people. However the failure of the SABC might be one of the few SOE failures that directly affect huge swathes of ANC voters. Not even Eskom's failure could shake the ANC's grip on power, but the failure of the SABC might just do the trick.

Rabobi

Executive Member
All for shutting them down. It wont happen though. Bailouts will always be the last option but wil ALWAYS be an option with our wonderful guvmint

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
It's not a bailout - it is a state backed loan guarantee. Different things. They just want tax payers to say, "ok, borrow more money on my name".

Suspect99

Executive Member
It's not a bailout - it is a state backed loan guarantee. Different things. They just want tax payers to say, "ok, borrow more money on my name".
When they default, it will become a bailout

supersunbird

Honorary Master
All for shutting them down. It wont happen though. Bailouts will always be the last option but wil ALWAYS be an option with our wonderful guvmint
Now you siding with the "Good!" people you were bashing earlier? :unsure:

Rabobi

Executive Member
Now you siding with the "Good!" people you were bashing earlier? :unsure:
No i wasnt

Im all for shutting them down. Im not all for the current situation where they keep leeching our money, which is what is going to happen and continue to happen

And im all against people laughing at the state of matters, thinking its a joke. Its not

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Won't happen. The Guavament won't let it happen as they do not want to get "downgraded" any further.

konfab

Honorary Master
No i wasnt

Im all for shutting them down. Im not all for the current situation where they keep leeching our money, which is what is going to happen and continue to happen

And im all against people laughing at the state of matters, thinking its a joke. Its not
honk honk
This country is a joke.

loftycrane

When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed. Ayn Rand

I find it hard to even sympathize with the SABC as they were in fact the 'authors of their own demise' as there is no such thing as all authority but no responsibility. Business rules are the same for everybody, you do not adhere to them you WILL fail, that's it!