SABC lost R2.3 billion on sports rights that made no money

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
What the hell does that SOE still exist for? It's useless to the government anymore seeing that they've long since milked it bone dry, it's got nothing left to give. Time to shutter it and call it a day.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
A kid in primary school doing EMS could've presented a better business model.

system32

Expert Member
Enough is enough.
Sell / shutdown SABC - it's costing taxpayer money

BBSA

Honorary Master
What the hell does that SOE still exist for? It's useless to the government anymore seeing that they've long since milked it bone dry, it's got nothing left to give. Time to shutter it and call it a day.
They still does some propaganda for the ANC.

Last edited:

Mampara

All we see is local soccer on TV. There is no longer highlights package of other sports like tennis,athletics, hockey etc similar to Blitz. SABC and ICASA are incompetent coz wrong people are making decisions.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Well for starters, they don't advertise their sport events. Many of these broadcasts are only announced the day before the event, with a low-key mention on the news bulletins.

They never update their epg data for the satellite services with the relevant info. Hell, its been what, 2nd week in Super League and their Openview epg is still fckall. I have seen many times people asked them on Zuckerbook if a soccer/rugby event is showing, with no answer. So fck'em.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Its a propaganda machine. Its a mandatory item for African governments

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Its a propaganda machine. Its a mandatory item for African governments
The ANC knows how to spread propaganda??? How about that. Another string added to their bow. I though that the only things they were past masters at was stealing, lying, spreading corruption and wasting money.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
The ANC knows how to spread propaganda??? How about that. Another string added to their bow. I though that the only things they were past masters at was stealing, lying, spreading corruption and wasting money.
No, as in the past, the SABC is a platform for those who are of lower intellect and actually consume its content. The consumers of their content are typically the voter base.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
No, as in the past, the SABC is a platform for those who are of lower intellect and actually consume its content. The consumers of their content are typically the voter base.
Also wonder how many of the loyal voter base pay their TV licenses?

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Also wonder how many of the loyal voter base pay their TV licenses?
I also wonder about that, but then again if I take my experiences into account, they don't pay. Often the TV is one they picked up or scored from those who break into homes.