SABC radio building evacuated after massive diesel leak, people still trapped

Sollie

Expert Member
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/sabc-radio-building-evacuated-after-massive-diesel-leak-people-still-trapped-20190515

SABC radio building evacuated after massive diesel leak, people still trapped

The SABC's Radio Park building in Auckland Park, Johannesburg, was evacuated on Wednesday morning at around 10:45 following a diesel leak.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst has told News24 that, according to information he had received from the scene, 2 000 litres of diesel had leaked from a generator on the 15th floor.

"Many people have been evacuated, but others are still trapped on the 17th floor. Our paramedics can't get to them and they can't come down because of the fumes. We are waiting for the fire department to assist."

The Johannesburg fire department was on the scene, as well as other emergency service providers.

Pitbull

Verboten
I have a permanent infraction for a comment similar to this.
How times have changed.
Diesel ignites under pressure not by open flame. What was your comment, as the match one is obviously funny given the fuel type :D

Pitbull

Verboten
Also, why is the generator on a floor in the middle of the building?
I would suspect it's due to the dissipation of the voltage due to the distance. Remember buildings don't have High Voltage lines, thus the distance of cabling inside the building would cause a loss of voltage at about the 15th floor I guess :p

quovadis

Expert Member
I would suspect it's due to the dissipation of the voltage due to the distance. Remember buildings don't have High Voltage lines, thus the distance of cabling inside the building would cause a loss of voltage at about the 15th floor I guess :p
Ohms law and all that fancy stuff :whistling: /s

Thor

Honorary Master
Diesel ignites under pressure not by open flame. What was your comment, as the match one is obviously funny given the fuel type
The match implies he wants to burn down the SABC and the people (a corrupt business)

I said someone should shoot Malema

gamer16

Executive Member
The match implies he wants to burn down the SABC and the people (a corrupt business)

I said someone should shoot Malema
I see no problem with this, even if it was Jesus.