SABC wants South African Netflix viewers to pay TV licence fees

Scorpion101

Mmmm how can I further screw over the South African consumer, wait I have an idea lets charge them for breathing air.... Bunch of thieves brought to you by the ANC, remember that the next time you vote.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Please also get YouTube to collect the licences...also Facebook as FB plays videos. Twitter too. Thanks

go whole hog, if you have a cellphone, you need a TV license.
if you breathe air you need to pay a tax.

finally a good use for all these covid masks we keep wearing like unemployed ninjas

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Lol so I'll need a TV licence to be able to buy a phone in the future?

eg2505

Honorary Master
Mmmm how can I further screw over the South African consumer, wait I have an idea lets charge them for breathing air.... Bunch of thieves brought to you by the ANC, remember that the next time you vote.

trust me, they will do the typical African thing just before elections.
get rid of funny taxes, and get rid of corruption "temporarily"

even fix the broken Robots and fix the potholes, feels like living in Switzerland almost
all to get votes and then bugger off, to nkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandla

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
There isn't even any SABC content on there.

This was my thought as well, and even if there was I doubt anyone would want to watch it. Just when you think this country couldn't get any more retarded, they come up with a gem like this.

Superman-7

Would love to hear the input from those who usually tell the rest of us that not paying is a crime, and that they don't see what the problem is with paying a few hundred bucks.

MeestaR

Expert Member
They can suck it... I have a smart TV, but does not use it for Netflix, I use it on my phone. Paying "TV" license for Netflix usage? Tsek. You will not see a cent from me.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
This was my thought as well, and even if there was I doubt anyone would want to watch it. Just when you think this country couldn't get any more retarded, they come up with a gem like this.

They're running out of places to collect money from. I'm pretty sure that deep down, maybe not even that deep, they know they're being stupid, but they don't care cause they want their turn conducting the gravy train.

If they really, truly thought this is a good idea, then we're much more fskced than I keep hoping..

AlmightyBender

Executive Member
What's next? YouTube, Spotify, Play Store, the AppStore?

Seems the gravy is running dangerously low
What is next?

Obviously it will be that if you draw a picture on a piece of paper you have:
1) created content and require a license for that
2) Get your content rated at the Film and Publications Board
3) consumed content and thus will be required to pay your TV license

After that they will target the content that you dream or imagine.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O