SABC warns of impending blackout possibility

Lupus

Honorary Master
It never ceases to amaze me how useless the ANC is. Lazy, corrupt and can only ever **** things up. Well done ANC.
The ANC hasn't done anything to enrich South Africa in the 25 years it's been in power. At least in the Mbeki era there was a false hope. The Zuma era just ransacked everything else.

Leovzad

It's the SABC affiliated radio stations I worry about....oh wait, not really.

Maybe I'm short sighted or something but can anybody think of a reason why SABC should carry on to exist?
Agreed, why their existence
It's the SABC affiliated radio stations I worry about....oh wait, not really.

Maybe I'm short sighted or something but can anybody think of a reason why SABC should carry on to exist?
Agreed. Why?
Fortunately LM Radio is not part of it.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
It's the propaganda machine for the criminals so it won't close we'll just keep feeding tax money to this waste of money.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Because it is the only source of information for millions. That it's just another mismanaged SOE is a different issue.
The SABC is a source of propaganda for millions and they don't realise it is propaganda, they would probably get better information from their local sangoma.

Zukat

Suggestion by the board was to kill off some sheep to make sure the herd can live on, but ANC would rather kill the whole farm.

Daruk

Honorary Master
SABC warns of impending blackout possibility

The SABC is facing a serious financial crisis which forced it to make a difficult decision at the end of May – pay salaries or pay municipal bills.

This is according to a Sunday Times report, which said the state broadcaster opted to pay salaries, meaning it now owes the City of Johannesburg more than R13.5 million.
IBIWISI

The world will be a better place without SABC. I never watch it, but if it goes off the air, perhaps someone will let us know, so we can bask in the silence?

Strangely enough the millions that watch it don't even pay the TV licenses. Pretty much like everything else in SA.
Let it die, or find a proper solution to fix it.

Radical political thinking....Local content....driving extravagant German Luxury vehicles...No more gravy people! I refuse to pay a tv license because the sabc practices double standards! Let it die!

It won't close. R6 billion has been approved for the SABC. They're just waiting for the money to arrive; a blackout of any sorts will a temp thing.
And the R6 billion will only last for so long until the new execs gets a taste if corruption...

dualmeister

Honorary Master
R6.8 billion bailout approved. And how much will it be next year? Get rid of the dead wood already. Tax payers should not be sponsoring failed businesses.

Milano

Honorary Master
If only there was in fact truth to this. In reality taxpayers will continue being robbed to keep paying for these corrupt third-rate propaganda channels for years to come.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
Well, eventually there will come a time when there won't be any more money for bailouts. Perhaps not that far off. Will be interesting to see what the ANC regime would be willing to cut back on just to keep the SOE's afloat.