SABC warns of impending blackout possibility

air

Expert Member
Hopefully they will stop pestering me to pay my severely overdue TV License. Have not watched that crap in many years.

tRoN

Executive Member
Well, eventually there will come a time when there won't be any more money for bailouts. Perhaps not that far off. Will be interesting to see what the ANC regime would be willing to cut back on just to keep the SOE's afloat.
They will increase taxes or add levies for services not currently being charged.

McT

The Humble Scot!
The SABC is facing a serious financial crisis which forced it to make a difficult decision at the end of May – pay salaries or pay municipal bills.
Pay the staff. Close shop. Liquidate the assets (if there are any), pay the creditors some of what they're owed. Everyone's happy!

See; not so difficult after all.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
There's already no money for bailouts.

Eskom owes almost half a trillion rand ffs.

We can live without SAA, we can live without SABC, we can't live without power.
No, we need to fly the flag (SAA) and get the one-born-every-minute tourists here, have a propaganda machine so the masses are lulled into acceptance ... it is in fact the lights that will be allowed to go out first.

garyc

Expert Member
If there is a blackout, will those who paid their licenses be refunded for the period that they are off the air?

lkswan747

Shut them Down, Shut them Down! We don't need them as far as I am concerned.
As a tax payer I am tired of bailing out all the failed entities.